This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
User
rockbinbin
Australia
0 Kudos

How to transfer funds between accounts

I imported a bank statement for the Liveaccount, I want to know how to allocated fund transfer between accounts (for example from bank account to visa card account),  I try to find my visa card account under (allocate me) but i couldn't find it. 

I knew there are fund transfer function under the tap "Bank" but it was too trouble to enter one by one, I just want to allocat the fund to the Visa card asset account, but it was not on the list.

Please give me a help.

Please use plain text.
Ultimate User
Geoff_
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: How to transfer funds between accounts

[ Edited ]

Harry

My first question is do you have a visa card account set up a visa card i e did you create the account as a Credit Card account.

If you did then please refer to the following.

Refer to https://your.liveaccounts.com.au/LA/docs/LAUserHelpAU/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=bank_tr...

Also see https://your.liveaccounts.com.au/LA/docs/LAUserHelpAU/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=bank_ma...

I hope this helps

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service - Bookkeeper and
MYOB Certified Consultant , BAS Service Provider,
Servicing Busselton, Vasse, Yallingup, Cowaramup, Margaret River, Dunsborough, Augusta
www.busseltonbookkeeping.com.au Phone 08 97547680 e-mail geoff_bookkeeper@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
User
Deanco
New Zealand
0 Kudos

Hi Geoff, i wonder why on earth i have to go through such a long winded way of allocating a simple transfer of funds? If i use the 'transfer between accounts' link and set one up, i loose the screen i am looking at and have to remember which line i am trying to have it match up. Its long winded to hell.

Surely we can setup a 'Transfer' category (i hate the word 'account' for allocating.. its confusing since we have bank accounts that the layman deems an 'account') in the accounts side that is GST exempt and sits in the Balance sheet only. I mean, i have 3 credit cards and transfer funds to these regularly. Last night adding all these in was a slow painful process. I have hundreds of lines on my accounts.. ok i am not a small business but i do my own books and i want it to be faster.

Any tips that i am not aware of?

Dean

Please use plain text.
Ultimate User
Geoff_
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Dean

Sorry but I must admit I cannot see any shortcuts to your problem.

The only thoughts I do have is that you download your visa card statements to your Live Accounts the way you download your bank account and match transactions the same way if possible.

Or you could just put one block entry through for each Visa Card Account once a month. I have clients I do this for which saves quite a bit of time.

It is a pity that there is no facility for recurring transactions as in the normal MYOB Accounting packages as this would make like a bit easier.

I don't know if anyone else has an answer for you.

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service - Bookkeeper and
MYOB Certified Consultant , BAS Service Provider,
Servicing Busselton, Vasse, Yallingup, Cowaramup, Margaret River, Dunsborough, Augusta
www.busseltonbookkeeping.com.au Phone 08 97547680 e-mail geoff_bookkeeper@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
MYOB Product Manager
Richard_Puffe
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

The transfer between accounts will be implemented in LiveAccounts as a simple allocate to / from bank accounts.

Richard Puffe
Product Manager - Compliance
Please use plain text.
User
Argurion
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

this problem doesn't seem to have been resolved as yet. May I ask when it is likely to be implemented. My transaction file is auto loaded, so it seems silly having to go out of the "Allocate Me" section to enter a transfer to/from that bank account to/from another bank account when I could simply "allocate me" right then and there.

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
StevePick
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option to allocate a transaction as a transfer between accounts, via the 'Allocate me' dropdown in Banking, will be implemented early in the New Year.

Regards

Steve Pick
User Experience Designer
LiveAccounts
MYOB
Please use plain text.
User
centron-sg1
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi There,

I to have this requirement, Has this been implemented yet?

This is stopping me from using this product at the moment as I have two accounts. I have manually imported data in to each and the numbers are all wrong as I can't allocate transfers between them as "account transfers"... Is there a work around in the mean time ? Surely I don't have to do this manually for each transfer?

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
StevePick
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on this feature now, and it should be in production within the next 3 weeks.

Regards

Steve Pick
User Experience Designer
LiveAccounts
MYOB
Please use plain text.
User
maukailtd
New Zealand
0 Kudos

Is this actually been implemented yet because I cant seem to do it. I want to allocate a $40.00 transaction to Petty Cash

Please use plain text.