Start a Post

Is it possible to hold automatic bank feeds?

Contributing Cover User marym
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is it possible to hold automatic bank feeds?

I  have linked my bank feeds to the correct Essentials account of my new business. However, the bank feeds should not have started yet (my fault for linking it already) because the same bank feed is still being used by another business. Is there a way to hold the bank feed feature without cancelling it? I will still be using the same bank feed for the new business when the other one is fully closed.

Also, I have noticed that the bank feed from the older business has stopped updating for 2 months now. Is this because I have linked it to the other one? It was only linked last week.

What do I do with the transactions that have already been uploaded by the bank feed?

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Is it possible to hold automatic bank feeds?

Hi @marym

In terms of bank feeds they can really have two status Active or Cancelled, so we are not able to hold a bank feed for a period of time. However as you are on MYOB Essentials what we can do is delete any unwanted bank feeds that have come through. This does mean that if you get a series of transactions come through that is not wanted for any reason you can get in touch with the team to arrange for the transactions between two dates to be removed so that they are not showing in MYOB Essentials. We would need to arrange for this to occur when you do move across to the new file if those transactions are showing in the new file.

Also with MYOB Essentials you can have one bank feed going to one MYOB Essentials, the same bank feed can't go to multiple files, this may indicate why those transactions are not going through to the new file instead of the old one. However speaking with the team the bank feeds should be coming through on the MYOB Essentials called FI** TO*** AUSTRALIA file.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @Steven_M,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

So are you saying to leave the bank feeds for B2 as is and request to delete it at a later date when all files have been transferred?

I still have to match transactions for B1 but cannot do this because bank feeds have somehow stopped updating. How should I go about this? Is it possible to copy over the bank feeds from B2 to B1?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @marym

I would suggest leaving those transactions on Business 2 for the moment and then request for them to be deleted once you move across. You are welcome to request from them to be delete now but depending on the setup more may filter through and therefore it is will be complex with multiple requests to the team as it does need to be done manually from our end.

Based on the information I obtained from the bank feeds team it does look like the account is setup complete in terms of bank feeds with the feeds on the older account. However if you would like to send through a private message on the Forum to myself with the serial number of the MYOB Essentials that the bank feeds are going to, the serial number of the MYOB Essentials that you would like it on and the bank account number I can investigate further with the team for you. The serial number for MYOB Essentials can be found by selecting the business name in the top right and it shows at the bottom of the drop down menu.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Sounds good to me @Steven_M

Meanwhile, could you also have a look at my other query here http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Stripe-fees/m-p/454779#M22463

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @marym

Fantastic, I have responded to your post on Strip fees

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post