New Zealand
Landon
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Essentials endlessly keeps returning to Login page

Hi, we have used MYOB Essentials for a while now for two businesses and have found it good but I have just bought a new phone and had to reinstall the Authenticator App so I could access MYOB Essentials. That then required a call to the Help Desk to guide me through getting MYOB back into the Authenticaor App - job done? No. Kept Help Desk on the phone while I tried to login but as with so many other posts, after I tried logging in multiple times, the login page just endlessly loops back on itself following entry of the Authenticator Verification Code. They tried to help and I did what was suggested but nothing worked. I can see it try to open the page as the Logout prompt is displayed briefly but then returns to the Login page again.

I am a Mac and IOS user and have tried opening MYOB from Firefox, Safari and I downloaded Chrome as this was suggested as a solution. It did the same thing. I cleared all history and the browser cache on all platforms and tried again as was suggested by the Help Desk - nothing works. I had to terminate the Help Desk call as it was the end of my break and agreed to try at home.

I tried accessing the internet from the hotspot on my phone but nothing worked. I tried a work computer (PC) and two other Macs we have at home - all with the same endless loop. I'm not getting an "incorrect password" message so my Password is obviously correct. I tried logging in through myob.com.au with the same results.

I tried using a Backup Code but that didn't work either ...

I need help quickly as the Tax Dept are asking where my monthly returns are!!!

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,282 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4282Posts

285Kudos

666Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials endlessly keeps returning to Login page

Hi @Landon,

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Can I firstly please confirm that the e-mail address you're using to login to your file is the one with the vodafone.co.nz domain?

If so, could you please try turning off two-factor authentication? For instructions on how to do so, please see our help page Turning off two-factor authentication. Once you've done that, try logging into your MYOB Essentials file again and let us know how you go.

Assuming you're able to login successfully, you can then turn two-factor authentication back on.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Landon
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Landon
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tallie,

Thank you for your reply.

I had to change the login domain to landon737@gmail.com as vodafone no longer supports email.

I confirmed the change with Maddie (Help Desk) and it all worked. We even reset my password.

Regards

Landon

Landon
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Landon
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi again Tallie,

Further to the previous email,

• I used Chrome
  • I cleared all cache and history
  • I logged into Security Centre via landon737@gmail.com and turned off 2FA
  • I got the correct prompts

The result is that I am no longer asked for 2FA but the login screen does the same thing. As soon as I enter the Password, the login screen appears again.

Landon

Landon
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Landon
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

THE ENDLESS LOOPING PROBLEM IS RESOLVED!!!!

Finally got back to the Help Desk.

Here was the problem:

If you change your email address within my.myob.co.nz, you must send an invite to that new email address from within my.myob.co.nz so that Essentials registers it as a valid login address.

If you don't send that invite, Essentials can't let you log in with your new email address because it doesn't know to trust it AND you can't log in with your old one because you've updated to a new email address - hence the endless loop

The Help Desk techs had to log into my account and then send me an invite to my new email address so Essentials would trust it and whamo - I'm back in!!!!

Thank you Help Desk

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post