Matching multiple bank transactions to one payroll transaction
If you reconcile via Bank Transactions, sometimes you may come across the situation of having one payroll transaction recorded, but it was paid to the employee in 2 or more transfers. Currently in Essentials Accounting you won't be able to match multiple bank transactions to the same payroll transaction, you'll need to consider the following options to reconcile them:
- You'll now have two payroll amounts ready to be matched to bank transactions.
- Remove the split settings in employee contact
Scenario 2: more than two bank transactions for one pay:
- Create a new account as a clearing account, I would set it as a new bank account.
- Go to Payroll > Payroll settings > temporarily set the new clearing account as the Pay From account.
- Delete the original pay, then re-record it.
- Allocate those bank transactions to the clearing account as well, which returns its account balance to $0.
- Change the Pay From account to the main bank account again.
If you wish to see the ability of matching multiple bank transactions to one payroll transaction, please do cast your vote for the following idea, and leave any additional feedback in the comment area, our teams would love to hear your suggestions: