Australia
CGFB
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Problem with Importing ABA file

Hi,

I have a problem in uploading bank file for payments can you please let me know how to resolve these. 

These are the message:

• line 7: DE Record Type 1. Incorrect format for BSB in Trace Record ' ' format should be 'NNN-NNN': 10102017CBA.ABA, not all groups will be processed
  • line 7: Account Number contains all zeros or all blanks in Trace Record ' ': 10102017CBA.ABA, not all groups will be processed
  • line 7: Name of Remitter contains all blanks: 10102017CBA.ABA, not all groups will be processed
  • line 7: Invalid Withholding Tax Amount ' '. Field should contain valid numeric values: 10102017CBA.ABA, not all groups will be processed
  • line 8: Invalid DE File '10102017CBA.ABA'. Expected record type '1' or '7' found type 'H': 10102017CBA.ABA, not all groups will be processed
  • No valid groups were extracted from file 10102017CBA.ABA: 10102017CBA.ABA, not all groups will be processed
  • line 7: Invalid characters were replaced with '?'
  • line 8: Invalid characters were replaced with '?'

Thank you!

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,332 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6332Posts

404Kudos

1022Solutions

Re: Problem with Importing ABA file

Hi @CGFB,

I'm wondering if you have found a way to import the ABA files? 

The error message indicates line 7 and line 8 in the ABA file are the ones having issues. Please open the ABA file in Notepad, locate the offending lines to exam the data and format.

Look specifically for the areas mentioned in the error message, such as the first line indicates the BSB format is incorrect. It's also helpful to compare line 7 and line 8 text to other transactions in the same ABA file, which imported without errors. 

Please feel free let us know how it goes for you, if you are stuck, please post a screenshot of line 7 and line 8 in your ABA file, we are happy to take a look.

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post