Cover User
Archifx
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The QIF file is not valid. Please check line 2268

Hi

I searched the forum for a solution to my trying to import NAB bank statements in .QIF. I successfully selected the statement dates for one of the statement accounts and exported/imported to MYOB Essentials making sure I used the correct export file format (MYOB). 

Although the file was saved to my downloads folder and did import successfully to MYOB I get the following error when I use the exact process with my other NAB statement account:

The QIF file is not valid. Please check line 2268

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,077 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21077Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Re: The QIF file is not valid. Please check line 2268

Hi @Archifx

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When importing bank statements into MYOB Essentials and you do receive the message "The QIF file is not valid. Please check line x" it generally indicates that there is a problem with that particular line in the QIF file.
For example, an incorrect date format or an unusual character or an extra space. 

If you receiving this message, I would recommend opening a copy of that qif file in NotePad and navigating to that particular line in the file. Depending on what the field is in the import file would depend on what is needed to be corrected but I would ensure that you don't have any unusual characters in that line, an extra space at the start or end of the data.

Once that has been looked into and that line has been addressed you should be able to import that file successfully into MYOB Essentials.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post