Australia
Bluewave
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to open menu items

This is weird. I have 2 Essentials businesses and in both I am unable to get into any of the menu items, i.e. the selections across the top:  Sales, Purchases, Banking, etc...  When I click on the item I just get booted back to the My Businesses page.  In one business I am able to click the links in the boxes on the Dashboard to get into most areas, and I can work in those areas, but in the other business there is no way to do that since there is only one box with a link (GST).

I use Chrome, but have also tried using Firefox, and the problem is the same in both.

I need to generate an invoice in that business and I cannot get in to do that. HELP!

8 REPLIES
minigolf
2 Posts
Cover User
minigolf
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to open menu items

I am also having the same touble this morning.  I can login, and it brings me to the dashboard, but I cant open any menu items, it just takes me back to the My businesses tab.  When I click on the business name, it takes me back to the dshboard again.... the repeats the same process.  I have cleared my data cache on Google Chrome, as suggested in one post, and have tried logging in on a my ipad..same problem.   I am trying to do payroll this morning and need help ASAP 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,021 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6021Posts

633Kudos

820Solutions

Hi @Bluewave

We are aware of this and are currently looking into why this is happening. Our team are working hard on getting this resolved as soon as possible

You can find out all of the currently available information on this thread including any updates as they become available, MYOB Essentials unable to select menu items in Australian version - 12/1/2018

CC @minigolf

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Davidc5412
1 Post
Cover User
Davidc5412
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue and have tried multiple computers and browsers

very annoying and doing payroll too

staff are not going to be happy

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,021 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6021Posts

633Kudos

820Solutions

Hi @Davidc5412

Our team are currently aware of this and are working as quickly as they possibly can to get this resolved for all users.

All of the currently available information can be found on our Forum thread, MYOB Essentials unable to select menu items in Australian version - 12/1/2018. Additionally all updates will be posted to this thread.

Thank you for your patience

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
minigolf
2 Posts
Cover User
minigolf
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks Neil.  I'll be patient!

Experienced Cover User Bluewave
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Bluewave
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the work-around (CTRL+menu item).  I was able to generate my invoice and email it, plus do a payrun.

By the way, once booted back to the My Businesses page, I am unable to Log Off.  I have to shut down the browser.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,021 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6021Posts

633Kudos

820Solutions

Hi @Bluewave

Thanks for letting us know that the workaround is working for you to allow you to carry on with your invoices and payrun. I’ve passed on your comments about being unable to logout on that particular screen to our team to investigate and see what is causing that issue.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,021 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6021Posts

633Kudos

820Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Bluewave

I just wanted to let you know that our team have resolved this issue and you should be able to navigate through the different menu options in your MYOB Essentials without being redirected back to the company file selection screen, or having to hold down the CTRL key.

It may also be worth clearing the cache on your Google Chrome or internet browser of choice, as well as restarting that browser.

CC.  @minigolf@Davidc5412

Please don’t hesitate to post any other questions that you may have

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post