2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
FV
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am having problems logging in as it is asking for an Authenticator code. I have tired using my code but it keeps rejecting it. I have two emails set up at work. The one I use for MYOB essentials is not the same as my Authenticator app set up so I assume this could be a problem. so I created a new google account with my other email that I use with MYOB Essentials and it still does not work.

I spent 50 mins on the phone today wiating for assistance and after three transfers and being left on hold I hung up in discust. 

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,500 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5500Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

Re: log in problem

Hi @FV

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

You are correct that the two-factor authentication needs to have the same email address in both your MYOB Essentials and the authenticator app to successfully generate the authentication code to let you access the file.

Are you able to clarify what you mean by it doesn’t work? Are you meaning that the app isn’t generating the code? Or that the app isn’t recognising the email address?

In addition, as you mention this is a new google account, has that account been setup with the two -factor authentication? If it hasn’t been setup for the two-factor authentication then it won’t be recognised until that email address is setup for the two-factor authentication service.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Fredv
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Fredv
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My Authenticator is working with Google but not with MYOB

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,246 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6246Posts

380Kudos

1009Solutions

Hi @FV,

It's strange that you had to create a new Google account, with the email address you use to log in to Essentials, in order to authenticate. As if it's prompting you to enter the authentication code, then the email address used to log in has already been linked to an authenticator. 

Here are the detailed instructions on Setting up two-factor authentication, hopefully some of the screenshots ring a bell for you, to identify which email address you used to set up two-factor authentication with, and with authenticator was used. 

During the setup process, you are also required to create a backup code. You can always log in to Essentials using the backup code instead. Or if you prefer, there's also the option to turn off two-factor authentication.

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
FV
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
FV
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I agree, I have been using it for some time and now I cant use it any longer.

I am so annoyed with MYOB as I have sent emails requesting a call back and to date I have not heard from them.

I will try contacting them again in the morning and once I have regained access I will be looking to change suppliers. I dont have time to put up with this type of service when I have an issue. In over five years I have had very little reason to contact MYOB and the ine time I need them they are not available to assist.

Thanks.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,246 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6246Posts

380Kudos

1009Solutions

Hi @FV,

Sorry to hear it's taking some time for this matter to be resolved. 

I can see you have gotten in touch with our phone support team this morning, who assisted with generating a new backup code, and turning off two-factor authentication. I trust that you are now able to log in. 

Should you wish to turn on two-factor authentication again, please do keep the backup code handy, as you can always log in or turn off two-factor authentication using the backup code. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post again at any time. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post