Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Include logos and bank detials

User

3Posts

154Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User
Australia

Statements in myob live look disgusting, Need to add Logos and bank details at least

"Customizing statements"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2017

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for showing your support for this idea

We are pleased to announce that company logos and how to pay information (similar to invoices) will be included on MYOB Essentials statements. This is along with a new look Statements page.

For more information please see MYOB Essentials Blog Article: Try the new and improved customer statements today

96 Comments
John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Is there any plans to add a Business Logo in the Customer Statements sent out via Essentials.

Right now the Customer Statements don't have any customisation. It'd be great to have the ability to at least add a logo when sending Customer Statement. The customer statement is a great way to email a summary for outstanding invoices that a customer needs to pay. But no ability to add a logo seems a bit unprofessional.

Essentials Statements.JPG

Is this something that can be looked at?

LadyBugIT
1 Post
Cover User

How long will this take, its been four years!  The statements are totally unprofessional and with your recent price increase it does make me wonder if we should all be moving back to Xero!

CarolynW_NZ
7 Posts
Cover User

I also find the lack of ability to customise statements ridiculous.

This should definitely be moved up the development priority list!!!!!

SDAY
2 Posts
Cover User

It is disapointting in 4 years of feedback this still has not happened.  Standard features such as the ability to include PO numbers, banking details etc really are not too mch to ask. Common this is not a flimsy wish list but business critical request.

MrBlob197
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have to say - as a new user that has moved over from Reckon Accounts plus desktop - to Essentials, some of the limitations of MYOB in comparison leave a LOT to be disired.
The inablilty is select a date range for statements, and a statement date at a bare minimum seems amature at best. The fact users have been requesting this for over 4 years with the promise of - but no improvement to the situation it that time leaves a huge rift in my confidence in MYOB as a whole.

As a small business, it's difficult enpough to get paid as it is, without being able to prompt customers with banking details and payment methods on my statement, never mind fancy things like detachable remitance advice slips. All of which seem to be basic minimum requirements. 

I find it ironic that I can customize this post 1000% more than my businesses statement, and this makes me look amaturish at best to my customers.

I wonder if anybody in the design or decision making departments have any experience whatsoever in running a small business at all ?

This with several other limitations have me seriously contemplating reverting back to my previous software and leaving Essentials to it's seemingly short sighted Beta version self.

Tubal
1 Post
Cover User

Many of our clients are confused when they get their monthly statement from us. A logo would be a great addition to MYOB Essentials. IMO I'm suprised you are not already offering this to keep up with your main competitor.

"Description" should also be customised.  Our customers also want more detail when they receive their statement (e.g. instead of "sales invoice" perhaps an excerpt from the 1st line detail or item detail").  Is this on the cards at all?

DFF
4 Posts
User

Like many others I am finding Essentials very limited in terms of customer statements. From this I find it very frustrating, that the answer to the question "Can I customise customer statements?" leads me to this forum where I can vote for it to happen.

What I find when I get here, are discussions dating back to 2012 from MYOB customers saying why isn't it available? Nearly 5 years and no progress, yet similar (if not identical) functionality is available in the Invoice function.

When does "Planned" actually become reality? I don't think I have ever come across such a basic statement, that is of little value/use to the business, and it certainly doesn't help the bank balance when customers have to search for bank account details...they too have more important things to do, than try and resolve our problem.

Not good enough MYOB!

gchen
2 Posts
Cover User

I moved over to MYOB essentials as I thought it had customer support, but when I come across an issue raised from 2012 and is still unresolved it makes me rethink whether or not it is the right decision to move over my accounts here. 

MYOB essentials we really do need the customer statements to have customizability. My business works mainly on credit sales, therefore most of my customers do not pay until the end of the month. That is where it is important that the customer statements are up to standards. So please, I hope you are beginning to implement changes or I will have to move back to my previous accounting software.

millbri
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The statements in MYOB Essentials need to have the facility to be customised as the current look is pretty basic and there is no provision to adjust for window face envelope.

A similar function exists for invoices and quotes and it should not be difficult to replicate for statements.

There are so many issues listed as to be donw and have been sitting in the queue for many months that I am really questioning my commitment to MYOB even though I have been a client for 15 years.

comcon
6 Posts
User

I am unable to customise my statements.

Please correct this error as soon as possible.

I also rely on my statements to look professional and as a reflection of my business and right now they do not.

I feel embarressed sending them out in their present state so along with others who have posted need to be able to customise these.

This is a deal breaker for me unfortunately so would appreciate timeline.

Thankyou