Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Profit and loss - Show zero balance accounts for Cash

Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi All,

Why is it that when you select  to generate the profit and loss report using the cash method in Essentials, that all zero balance accounts are included?

Could you please fix this so that the zero balance accounts only print when the user wants them.  As it is, this report is quite useless to me unless I am prepared to export it to Excel and manually delete the unwanted lines.

And while we're talking about the Essentials PnL, I just noticed that in the new Beta version, not only does the cash report do the same thing, but now you must type the year of your start and finish dates in full YYYY format.

Everywhere else in Essentials (and ARL) 3/4/16 is accepted.  In the Beta you must enter 3/4/2016.

Development team, could you please start applying some usability testing to your software before you roll it out AND some consistancy would help us too.

Alan

@Dale_Dixon_

@Steven_M

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2017

Hi Alan,

I've just tested the Profit & Loss report in Essentials Accounting, accounts with zero balances are no longer included on the report; you can also enter the year in the two-digit format. Thank you for your suggestions, if you have any other suggestions for this report, please do not hesitate to post again at any time. 

2 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Alan,

I've just tested the Profit & Loss report in Essentials Accounting, accounts with zero balances are no longer included on the report; you can also enter the year in the two-digit format. Thank you for your suggestions, if you have any other suggestions for this report, please do not hesitate to post again at any time. 

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @CloverQ

Thanks for the update.

I must have missed the Essentials release notes that note this has been fixed.

Regards,

Alan