Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Show customer's address in drop down list

Experienced User

42Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi

I would find it very helpful to have contacts' addresses display in the drop down list, as we have around 1,000 residential/individual customers per year we are creating invoices for.  Many of them have the same surname, so the names themselves don't mean much to me, I identify them more by address when I am creating another invoice.

Jill

"Contacts drop down list"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

3 Comments
JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

I need to be able to identify customers better (by address) in the drop down menu when creating an invoice.

I have done a work around that makes the customer's address appear with their name by using the business option, then cutting and pasting their address a second time into the primary contact boxes when creating a contact -  time consuming and clumsy.

But otherwise I would have dozens of names and hundreds of repeats of the same rental management firms that mean nothing to me without a searchable address reference when creating an invoice.

Anyone else have the same issue?

"Contacts drop down to include address for invoicing"

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the great idea Jill. Anyone else who would like a searchable address field when entering sales please cast your vote here.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages