Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Include Purchase order on statement

Experienced Cover User

25Posts

21Kudos

1Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi,

I am getting a lot of calls from my clients requesting further details on invoices listed on the monthly statements I issue.

I see that the description field only says 'Sales Invoice'. Why can't this match the description from the invoice?

Also, a field displaying the 'Purchase Order' would limit calls from my clients too!

I don't know why they can't just view the original invoice I sent them, but I seem to be always resending them!

"Customer Statement with invoice details"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

Using the new Statements the customer purchase order number will show on the statements.

12 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Leigh,

It is possible to add this field to your statement. I did not know how to do this either until the other day when Suja of MYOB told me what to do.

The Cust PO can be added to the statement template by customising your form. In order to customise please go to Setup menu >> Customise Forms >> Statements >> Invoice or Activity tppe that you are using. Once here select the form that you would like to customise and then the Customise button.

Once in the form, there are two main area from where you can add additional data fields to the form.

One is by using the Fields icon at the top of the screen.

The other is by right clicking on the Description table of the form and choosing the Show/Hide Columns option.

You will need to use the second option to select the Customer PO No column to the form. Once done you will need to realign the form or move the column to suit your needs.

The Support Note Customising forms in AccountRight 2011 and later has more information on Customising forms.

Hope this helps

Cheers

David

Tornadoroy
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Thanks David, But what you have explained is not available in Live Accounts.
Tornadoroy
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Any word on this MYOB????

JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi

Wondering if we could have an update on progress with customer statements to include invoice details and payments made on account as per ideas exchange mid last year with 10+ votes.

Jill

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for the suggestion and the feedback on this idea being added in. It's great to see support for an idea posted and this is something that is being looked at to be added. Other users who would like to see this, please make sure to keep adding your votes as well so this can be moved up the priorities list.
JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi

Is anybody listening to these - they are not fancy extras, they are what makes up normal business practice.

Jill

Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff

Hey @JillS,

Thanks for your message.

The idea is under consideration meaning the more votes it receives and comments from other users, it has a better chance of being implemented in the product. In the meantime we do appreciate your patience as we look into these features.

Kind regards,

Sebastien_D
MYOB Client Support

christine41
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

Hi there,

I think my query has been raised many times before.

The customer statements are so under-developed!!!!

- where is my logo that I have uploaded & can see on the invoices but not on statements?

- would like payment details to also show up on the statements to customers?

- no real choice of styles of statements to use?

this should really be attended to, would have thought it wouldn't be too much to ask.

thanks

christine41
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

sorry, the customer statements issues I raised was for MYOB Essentials.

thanks again

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @christine41

Thank you for your comments in regards to Statements withe MYOB Essentials.

Along with commenting for this idea you might like to also vote for 
Customising statements elsewhere on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. This is a more directed idea in regards to customising a statement and adding in logos.

You can vote for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange using the + Vote button to the left of the Idea's name.