Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Sales Customer summary

Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I've had a client request a summary report by Customer and by Supplier.  They would like to know what they have invoiced to each customer for the month and what they have purchased from each supplier for the month.

The Customer report that we are seeking would show on one line the total sales to Customer A and total sales to Customer B, for the given period.  The current available report (e.g. Sales by Customer report) show more detail than this.  The current report shows each invoice issued to Customer A and then a total for Customer A, for the given period.  We just want the one line i.e. the Total line.

The client has also requsted a summary of Supplier purchases for the month.  There is no report that shows a summary of purchases, by client i.e. the current reports are more detailed than that.

The idea would be to produce two one-page reports (i.e. Customer report and Supplier report) rather than multi-page reports, which is what you potentially end up with if you've invoiced a customer multiple times during a period.

"Customer and Supplier Summary Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2021

Hi Everyone

Within MYOB Essentials, the Customer sales report will showcase the total number of sales per customer for a user-defined period in a summary format. This can also be expanded per customer to show their individual sales in more detail.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

4 Comments
Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @tnoord,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm wondering if the Analyse Sales [Customer] and Analyse Purchases [Supplier] reports would be a viable option for you and your client? These reports give you the total sales / purchases for your customers / suppliers without listing out each transaction. While they do, by default, also display the percentage of the total sales / purchases that each customer / supplier make up, you can easily remove this by going to Insert/Modify > Show/Hide > clicking on '% Total Sales' > Hide.

Please do note that these reports pull the figures from recorded invoices and bills, not including orders or quotes.

Do let us know how you go with that.

Cheers,

Tallie

tnoord
5 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Tallie.

I can't see the Analyse Sales [Customer] and Analyse Purchases [Supplier] reports in Essentials.  I found them in another client's AccountRight file, and they do give us the reports that we would like to see.  Can you tell me how/where to find those reports in Essentials?

cheers

Troy

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @tnoord,

My mistake - I was under the assumption this was an idea suggested for AccountRight (I even missed the board name)!

I've switched the status back to 'New idea' to give others a chance to vote for this idea. I do want to say, however, that our MYOB Essentials product development team are working on improving a lot of the functionality in MYOB Essentials so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of additions made in the coming year.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Within MYOB Essentials, the Customer sales report will showcase the total number of sales per customer for a user-defined period in a summary format. This can also be expanded per customer to show their individual sales in more detail.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.