Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Delete individually imported added statement transaction

User

7Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
User
Australia
New
New

I can't see a way to delete bank transactions. My concern here is where we have uploaded a bank transaction for the period prior to Liveaccounts bank feed commencing.

I understand we can delete the entire import, but it not possible to delete just one transaction from the manual upload.

"Delete Bank Transactions"

9 Comments
Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Although I don't use Live Accounts, from my experience with creating electronic bank files (ABA's), the concept here is that the file must contain the exact number of transactions as you originally intended to pay. I.E. if you discover an error or duplication with your aba file, you need to manually delete the whole file and recreate it with only the correct ones.

Greg

MelS71
1 Post
User

Hi

I'm trialling Essentials and think it's a great product. But the fact that you can't delete an imported bank transaction other than by deleting the whole batch and editing the QIF and reimporting is really frustrating. Ditto the idea of having to get customer service to delete something if I set up bank feeds. I can understand that maybe there's a technical reason why a whole import needs to be processed before changes can be made but once an a transaction is in the system, you should be able to delete it. If you can edit other details of the transaction, I don't see why it can't be deleted. This is a product for small businesses and sole traders and I think it's pretty rare for any small business not to occasionally have a transaction where they paid for a personal expense on their business credit card etc. Having to check my QIF file before importing is pretty retro. I have never used an accounting or personal finance product where transactions couldn't be deleted before.

I really hope you change this feature and allow deletion of transactions for imported transactions. Otherwise, I think it's a really good product. The allocation rules etc have definitely made processing my transactions faster than the desktop version I was using.

PaulGreenwell
15 Posts
Former Staff

Hi MelS71

We do not allow deleting individual bank statement lines because this means you will never be able to reconcile your bank account (i.e. have the accounting system record the same balance for your bank account to what your actual bank statement says).

You should talk to your accountant or bookkeeper for the correct way to record personal transactions.

Regards Paul

Minkey
3 Posts
User

Further to the issue of not being able to delete individual lines of an imported qif file, what can be done to remove lines that have been imported twice in error (ie first import say 1st to 20th September and the second lot 18th to 30th September)?  Apart from deleting the entire import (which has all been allocated apart from overlap) is there a solution?

Thanks

Minkey

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your enquiry, @Minkey.

In this instance you will need to delete one of the imported bank files with the overlapping dates. As explained above, there is unfortunately no option to delete parts of the imported file. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. 

dnewton
2 Posts
Cover User

Full agree with Mel271, in the pc version when you import the data from bank accounts, the ones you dont allocate are not entered into the system. I have an Amex card that sits off my main card that I use for business but all the data from both cards is downloaded. So how do I modify the QIF file before importing? I think you need to more flexible as small business is not the same as big business.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @dnewton,

Thank you for your comments and feedback and a very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool. 

I understand you would like to be able to remove specific transactions after a bank file has been imported into your Essentials file. As Paul explained in an earlier response, the reason we do not allow this is to avoid the issues caused by not being able to ever reconcile your Bank Statement with the account in your file, if this were to be done. As he suggested we recommend speaking to your accountant for directions on dealing with the imported transactions that do not relate to the business. 

Please do post again should you have any further queries. 

ProfitByDesign
Partner
1 Post
Partner

New to MYOB Essentials.  What if the bank transaction line which has come through from the auto bank feed is the line that says 'Current Debit interest rate is #'.  The value of this line is $0.  I am unable to allocate this to an account as it is $0 and there is no way of deleting it.  MYOB how to do you recommend dealing with this so it disappears from the unallocated transaction list.

Thank you.

Prue

eagerd
1 Post
User

Unchanged three years later -- unacceptable