Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Export all reports to Excel

Trusted Partner

60Posts

246Kudos

3Solutions

60 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Need to make all reports exportable to excel

Cant export trial balance to excel

Cant export GST reports to excel

Balance sheet exports account numbers and account description into separate columns yet P&L is concatenated - WHY?

All this makes it time consuming to prepare working papers

"Export reports to excel"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all showing your support for this idea

MYOB Business allows for all reports to be exported to Excel.

80 Comments
Figuresense
2 Posts
User

I would like to be able to export most of the reports to excel.

Effie Gelagotis

Figure Sense, BBus, CPA, BAS Agent, MYOB Partner

bpack7
1 Post
User

Hi

Just wondering if MYOB Live has been looking into the following suggestions of improvement:

- having the option to export ALL reports to excel (not just the general ledger)

- having the reports open up within the web browser with the added capability of  being able to drill in to accounts to review transaction as you can do in desktop versions of MYOB

- being able to run previous year comparison reports

Would be great to hear if these suggestions could be considered going forward!

Vidtec
1 Post
User

Please add the ability to create quotes....

KimB
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

It would be very helpful if we could get the same type of reports as AccountRight and be able export them in excel or tab-delimited format. The only reason I am not recommending this product to my clients is because I cannot get the reports I require.

DebW
3 Posts
User

I am finding this increasing difficult too. I would like to export 3 or 6 months of P&L's but have to manually enter from reports. Time consuming.

Norwich123
4 Posts
Cover User

Job Costing

Would be GOOD to get Jobs able to be combined in the same way that accounts can be combined.

Jobs Combining.

Norwich123
4 Posts
Cover User

Jobs costing over PERIOD of job rather than only available over the financial year. A job may only be a few months and run from Jan to Apr not Jan to mar and Apr and then have to run in Excel to combine the preiods!

Norwich123
4 Posts
Cover User

Job Costing

A Summary Report that gives overall INCOME for all jobs as the existing Profit and loss report with months along the top Apr to Mar and YTD totals and jobs along the side able to compare jobs with actal GL income codes. same report for COST OF SALES and then a report taking income on each job less COS and give a summary report on the profit of each job month by month. 

I do this manually in Excel, but every labour intensive, especially with new jobs and adjustments.

this would be AWESOME!!!!Smiley Happy

Partner
15 Posts
Partner

With the recent update of product from LiveAccounts to Essentials I would like to suggest MYOB allows an option to export Contacts to an EXCEL spreadsheet.

Should client wish to review details of Suppliers & Customers they currently need to review individually via the product, far easier if they could export to an Excel spreadsheet and update via spreadsheet. Would also allow review of Inactive accounts then manage into Essentials.

Can this be considered in future upgrades?

Mowing
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The lack MYOB Essentials, hardcoppy backup support makes it imposable to comply with good practice proceedures and "backup compliance".  Currently Myob goes down you loose access all your contact info that you cant backup.

The current Customer Report contains NAME, PHONE & EMAIL, this is just a joke.  We need all info to conform with backup proceedures.

Honestly if it comes to typing out all this info agin into Spreedsheets i will be looking for other software that does the job in the cloud with hardcopy backup ability.

IIdealy a one click complete backup option would be ideal.