Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
RemedyAccounts
Experienced Cover User
59 Posts
Experienced Cover User

One of my clients is a tradie who needs to track jobs. I would recommend he uses Account Right but he uses a Mac and is limited to Essentials in the MYOB software range. Jobs tracking on Essentials is essential.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your vote and feedback @BLConstruct

It is true Essentials Accounting being an simple accounting it doesn't have a lot of the advanced customisations AccountRight does. However it is an ongoing project for our developers to continue improve Essentials. Hopefully jobs can be added in one of the future updates.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your vote and feedback @RemedyAccounts

It might be worth while to recommend AccountEdge for MAC to this client, which can also track jobs. If you are a partner with us you would have access to AccountEdge Partner's Edition, which can be installed on Windows and open AccountEdge files. Otherwise you do need to use a MAC to work on client's file.

Another option would be using Windows Parallel on MAC, so the client can install AccountRight then.

Hope this helps. 

AusMercy
3 Posts
User

As our office looks at cloud accounting options and a move away from MYOB AccountEdge, we are needing the ability to continue using job numbers.  We use these for our Relief & Development projects as a mean to track donations for each project and the many sub categories for each project.  Not only do we get a running total for each, but we use this to also report the monthly donation breakdown to each project which is important.

In look at cloud options, we would prefer staying with MYOB as we are familiar with the product, and would love for job numbers to be intergrated into MYOB essentials.

MYOB AccountRight Live has that functionality I believe, but as an office running MAC equipment, this would require additional hardware/software purchases.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback @AusMercy.  We are committed to continuing to improve Essentials moving forward. Hopefully will be able to accommodate your needs in future.

rhave
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

This would be a great feature for us! As a cabinetry business we have a number of clients for whom we are doing a number of jobs all at the same time but without opening up each quote or invoice there is no way to quickly differentiate between the jobs.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @rhave

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the jobs in Essentials. I have passed your comments on to the relevant teams for you.

Regards,

Kat

Client Support 

MorrisImages
1 Post
User

Hi Guys,

In the nature of our work, it would be really good if on an invoice or estimate, there was a data entry field where we could enter a job project title or brief universal invoice description header at the top of a project invoice - and then just list the individual item components below as we do now.

Currently, we can only add the Client/Customer name at the top and then below, individual line items/descriptions.

As it is now, we have to use the first line of the item descriptions columns to enter a project name and are then also forced to enter a $0 amount so the row completes

We kind of get around this at the moment by putting the project name in the address field which then on the invoice or estimate places it in the white void between the customer field and the items box/fields. 

See attached image as an example.MYOB-1.JPG

I hope this may be of help and it would be great to see a development around this thought.

Thanks and cheers, M

MYOB-1.JPG
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @MorrisImages - See the previous requests in the Exchange, for Jobs fields to be added to Essentials (similar to Jobs in AccointRight )

Locklogic
7 Posts
Cover User

Please include a job address field for invoicing and quoting. Currently there is no way to give a client a billing address and job address! This was possible in the old MYOB accounting v10! Every other invoicing programme worth it's salt has this functionality included.

Many of our clients are repeat customers with more than one job address. It will make matching jobs to invoices so much easier for both me and my clients. I will have clients ring and ask which job site was a particular invoice for, with this functionality, it will make this task EASY!

aren't we supposed to be able to get on doing the things we are good at? (advert)