Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
Locklogic
7 Posts
Cover User

I would also find this incredibly useful, and am surprised that it is not standard, as it was in the old original versions of MYOB. The field would ideally need to be a searchable field as most of my clients have multiple site addresses. 

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback and comments @Locklogic

Essentials is a basic online accounting software that does not have the ability to have jobs or job descriptions. The developers are interested in seeing the ideas that clients have for our products, this allows for them to prioritise the changes and enhancements for the upgrades.

MaryG
1 Post
User

Hi,

Most service industries require a job address field. Please include this as it changes with every invoice but might be billed to the same account. I was able to change the 'Bill To' field on every invoice.

mrsolo33
2 Posts
User

I would find an editable field just below customer details very useful.

Rachael-EMS2016
2 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for your reply Clover, however I have been told for 2 years that MYOB were planning to add job costing to MYOB essentials and I am considering changing products as it is really affecting the way I run my business. Is there anyway we can get a time frame on this?

MehmetOCG
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I run a construction company and would absolutely require this feature asap.  We are now considering changing solutions to Xero because of this lack of feature.

We currently use a workaround to add a Job Id to the invoices field against every expense.  We then filter on the Job Id to get a list of all expenses on that Job.  Unfortunately we still cant export this data to a spreadsheet.

The Job Id will also need to be made available in the invoices.  Then we need a report to job all invoices and expenses assigned to a Job.  We sometimes have same client with multiple job sites and we cant distinguish which expense/invoice is for which job site.

I would see this as a very basic simple feature that shouldn't take this long to implement.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS ASAP! OR WE ARE LEAVING.

BLConstruct
2 Posts
Cover User

i also run a construction company and posted the same request at least 12 months ago . I have had a couple of calls from MYOB to ask me how i like the soft ware and when i have told them that i need to be able to alocate jobs to a invoice ,  the main response i get is " you can upgrade to  account right ( i think this was the program) which has job alocation on it ! AND PAY MORE TO US 

So instead of fixing essentials they just want you  to upgrade and pay more, which is a shame as essentilas is working well for me except for a few small problems .

Which is why  a lot of people are saying they will change over to there competitor XERO ! if it is not fixed .

MehmetOCG
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We are seriously considering switching to XERO too.  Only issue is MYOB doesnt make switching easy either.  We have to decide to pretty much start over again.  If MYOB can't promise these features soon, we will move as a matter of principle.

Three features we want in Essentials:-

1. Ability to allocate an expense and invoice to a JOB

2. Ability to do batch payments (ABA file)

3. Customised reporting/exporting.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea

Job costing is something that we are actively looking into for MYOB Essentials for up and coming updates. More details are to follow about how you can access jobs in MYOB Essentials closer to its initial development. 

Do feel free to comment and vote for idea still. We love to hear the feedback on MYOB Essentails and other MYOB programs.

Handyman504
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

I am a handyman using MYOB Essentials for accounting purposes.

It would be a great big plus for me to be able to convert accepted quotes into a job number.

With the job number I would like to be able to allocate expenses for that job as they are incurred.

I do not have accounts with any of my suppliers and pay for items when they are purchased.

It would also be great to be able to report on jobs so that I am able to see what jobs have gone over the quoted amounts. I could then look at the jobs and see if there are areas that I can tighten up such as quoting, how I work or similar jobs that appear to cause issues.

A big vote for job facilities in MYOB Essentials.

Bob