Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
MelissaBarrett
Contributing Partner
7 Posts
Contributing Partner

Essentials is aimed at the basic business, especially tradespeople however there are no jobs which is what trades rely on.

Please consider to include Jobs in one of the next releases.

John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Would it be possible to introduce Job Numbers that can be allocated to quotes and invoices in Essentials. Job numbers are an essential component to the quotes and invoices created for some businesses.

The Job Number doesn't need to be visible to client recieving the invoice. Job Numbers are for internal use only. However it may be helpful to allow this to be a choice.

Any chance of this being introduced?

Tan584
1 Post
Cover User

It would be wonderful for MYOB Essentials to have a Job Tracking option added.  We have 4 different properties so using job tracking would be helpful for us to see how each is travelling and narrow down why some have more expenses than others etc.  We were on Account Edge Pro and had this feature but can't rely on one person to always keep everything up to date.  For us to be able to access our file anywhere this was our only option with Mac computers I was told.  

Kelliec
1 Post
Cover User

This under review feature has been under review for a long time! Along with sending remittances...

I have been asked to move our accounting to Xero and would really rather not, I know MYOB keep saying it is under review but it would be good to know exactly what is on the table for update and when a likely release date would be.

SineadCCRS
1 Post
User

HI

I see the idea for adding job number facility to Essentials has been the topic of much discussion for an incredibly long time now and that it was marked as 'under construction' almost 2 years ago. How has this feature not become available already given the obvious need for it and vast length of time since it was marked as under construction?

pandkpatel
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please consider to include Jobs in one of the next releases.

Quikdeck
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

JOBS FUNCTIONALITY NEEDED IN ESSENTIALS!!

I am an Account Edge Pro (Mac OS) user looking to switch to a cloud based solution to work with my bookkeeper and Accountant (both on Windows OS), however I need the job functionalities.

MYOB Essentials is the only MYOB cloud system available for Mac OS users, however it is missing key functionality - JOBS: allocation for costing and tracking against invoices and mobile staff timesheets, job P&L, progress billing and contract retentions.  

It appears that AccountRight Live has these functions, however it does not run on Mac OS, and MYOB does not recommend or support running AccountRight on Mac via a parallells program.  

Furthermore, I would like to use Add-Ons, such as ServiceM8, however most add-ons are not supported by Account Edge.

Account Edge is increasingly painful to work with accountant and bookkeeper - difficult to open and extract information, and does not allow real time adjustments, leading to delays and errors in reporting and compliance, and disruptions to daily tasks such as quoting and invoicing.  

As a commercial trade contractor business, I rely heavily on the jobs functions (allocating jobs against invoices and staff timesheets, running job profit and loss reports), and also progress billing and contract retentions, for large projects running over several months.  

I agree with comments above, I like the clean and easy to use interface of MYOB Essentials, however the jobs functionality is a MUST.

I am considering moving to XERO if MYOB cannot provide an alternative adequate system.  This will be much cheaper than MYOB Account Edge Pro, which I have been paying for years with frustration.

Steve_Waters
7 Posts
Cover User

100% agree with the above we are small commerical HVAC business that relies on the job feature however we need a true platform agnostic cloud based solution which is Essentials.

I am considering making the jump to Xero.

Where is this feature at - is there a delviery timeline? 

Quikdeck
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Im with you Steve!  MYOB should provide a delivery timeframe for the jobs functionality.  It has already dragged out two years, with no end in sight.   It is only fair to keep customers updated.  Where is it at?  Is it close to being released?   My business would not survive on empty promises for over 2 years....  Customer loyalty can only go so far.  

The cost isnt even an issue for me.  My decision to move to Essentials is not based on cost savings.  I NEED a cloud based solution for Mac OS.  Essentials is my only option if I remain with MYOB.  I would be more than happy if Account Edge Pro could be converted to a cloud /online solution, and was able to sync with add-ons such as ServiceM8.  This would be a true value adding solution for my business and worthwhile investment.

There are many cloud based management systems on the market now, incorporating both job management and financial management, and the cost is cheaper than my annual Account Edge purchase and subscription.  I am now of the opinion that it may be better to suffer a small amount of time changing and adopting a new system, as opposed to waiting around another 2 years...

Sparkylamoore
8 Posts
Cover User

Hello, for about 10 years my company used account right v17, and it was an extremly good program. However i moved to essentials as i wanted to have it in the cloud, but  the lack of abilty to create job numbers and track expenditure/ profit in MYOB essentials is ridculous, it is a basic funtion of any bookeeping program. 

In v17 I could easily go in and check how much I spent on each job, I like the ease off Essentials  but this is a sreoius limitation. I'm thinking of ending my subscription and returning to my old myob. WHEN is this very basic function going to be included in MYOB? This has been going on 2 years by the looks of this thread.