Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
Sparkylamoore
8 Posts
Cover User

Also another abilty it should have is the choise to enter invoices- recepits on spend money, not just pay bills.

This is already set up in Essentials software so i dont see why it would be a problem to have it in spend money? 

2Dayz
1 Post
Cover User

I agree with all the above, and as my business has clients who do projects, that I need to be able to access and use job summary of costs and sales.

MYOB essentials is so easy to use, and I not really want to change, but I too need this facility which will save my business a lot of time job  back costing after jobs are completed.

Please can some one advise when this faclity will be completed and added, or I will be changing.

pandkpatel
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can anyone provide updated, when this feature will be avaliable? I am paying too much for ARL, rather i should use Essentials....

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

There still hasn't been an official announcement regarding exactly when this is planning to be incorporated into the software. The 'Planned' status is indicative that the product development team have identified this to be a feature that they will be focusing on implementing but information regarding where exactly on the road map this is currently at has not been made available.

We do apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate the patience.

Cheers,

Tallie
MYOB Social Support

Mizuno57
4 Posts
Cover User

on the dashboard a job order number column would be great, due to doing work for the same customer to check jobs its very hard to check having to open each invoice please can this be done.

pandkpatel
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Tallie_M 

Its been two months since we last update, come on MYOB give this feature as xmas gift to your customers. CAn we please have some indication?

WOMP
2 Posts
Cover User

Would be great to have a simple job costing in Essentials.  We used to have it on our old myob.  We are a really small business and its important for us to ensure we make money on each of our jobs.  Its the one thing I'm really missing on the cloud solution. 

DavidP
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I see from previous posts that this idea has been around and commented on for several years.

I am at the point now where I am no longer going to recommend Essentials - if you cannot put in features that have been requested for so long you leave the users very disapppointed.

Bethadis
2 Posts
User

I can see that this has been under the "Planned" status for quite some time. Can MYOB please indicate when this functionality may be available. We are in the process of sourcing an alternative package due to this very basic but crucial function missing. Please advise. 

JRSS
4 Posts
Cover User

I think that this would be a great feature.  I also like to keep track of where my staff have been.  I recently looked at the timesheets and although they are such they would be more benificial if you could add a column that says where they've been or the account that is relevant.  It could connect with jobs or customers