Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

we still get told MYOB essential is just a simple accounting system  if you want all the features to get account right.  Sorry MYOB,  but the online multiple platform useablility is where it is at.  I have a large number of Apple users as clients....I cant offer them account right in a format that I can also readily use.  If they want job costing or header accounts without having to use a bolt on....I have no option but to refer them to xero.  MYOB staff have already told me the real growth with MYOB resides with the Essential....lets quickly add those features.

philtab
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree above comments. I think that this "in Tray" feature should include all transaction types. Life would be so much easier with it.

Philtab

@jai wrote:

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

Lorkay
1 Post
Cover User

When will this happen, as I notice this expansion has been under consideration for a considerable time.   The ability to attach documents to all areas is definitely essential in my situation as invoices are emailed to me as I work away from the main office.  Would very much prefer not to have two paperless filing systems.   

TMSM
1 Post
Cover User

Would love this feature being on the move constantly and being able to take snap shot and upload it to MYOB would be a great implementation.

SueHolt372
5 Posts
Cover User

Why can we not attach the purchase invoices and payment receipts to the actual payment rather than have to create a new bill and then asttach the payment to that. It is very time consuming having to open each item from the in tray in order to create the bill and then allocate the payment.  Defeats the "allocate me function"

LeeBar
2 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree with @busychemist.... I would get more benefit from being able to link my hundreds of credit card receipts for fuel, postage etc.  They do fade very quickly and they are a nightmare to enter each month....

FHK
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree with many of  the other comments. This in tray facility would be really useful for spend money transactions. I have clients who only use essentials as a cash book and being able to attach receipts/dockets/invoices to their spend money transactions would be fantastic. 

It would allow them to save having to print out any of the transactions that have come by email.

Looking forward to this feature being added to Essentials

FHK

GQuinn
6 Posts
Cover User

I was just discussing this possibility with one of my office colleagues. Glad to see it here as a suggestion already. Such a handy tool I'm not sure why it is still "under consideration".

EvolutionClouds
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

Hi @Jai

I agree with you Essentials need to expan the ability to scan paperwork to all types of transactions. As you suggested you would like to scan dockets and have it entered. 

What you can do is to use an addon solution called Shoeboxed. 

Shoeboxed allows you to take a picture of the receipt from your phone, which uploads online and is entered by the people at shoeboxed

You will then see the receipt scanned on your shoeboxed account where you will assign the MYOB Essentials expense account and the transaction is then transferred to MYOB Essentials automatically as a journal entry! :-)

GQuinn
6 Posts
Cover User

This function is available in Xero and has been for a while. Not sure why MYOB is not keeping up with the competition.