Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
Noremac01
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am an electrician and am trying to get MYOB Essentials up and running now for next financial year. I have to write certificates of complaince for the jobs I do and would like a quick process to be able to photograph them and attach them to an invoice on the Iphone App. This way if you are writing invoices on the computer you could just photograph the certificate with the phone instead of having to write them out, tear them from the book and scan them into the computer then attach them. Is this possible? Or can you already do it? 

Macona
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree Sue ...I was just about to make the same Post.

In Reckon it is possible to attach to the Register.

Perhaps it will come in the next update.

It will keep all the relevant information in the same data file.

PaperworkPlace
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

It would be great to be able to attach as much documentation as required to any transaction. slaes, invoices, spend money, receive money, general journals etc. Many times there are multiple documents that relate to the one transaction. this would save having to keep seperate records to data file and asist with accountants etc accessing data and having complete information.

EvolutionClouds
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

Hi Noremac,

You can use Shoeboxed to do this and the documents will stay on the cloud.

SFOTHERS
1 Post
Cover User

I am currently evaluating MYOB and XERO to move away from Spreadsheets. 1 absolute must is to be able to scan receipts for sundry items, such as fuel and parking etc. Xero has this functionality today, and I see that this post was orignally started in 2014! Is there an ETA when MYOB will make this functionality available?

EvolutionClouds
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

Hey SFOTHERS

The intray functionality of MYOB and the File functionality or Xero are actually quite different. Both have advantages and disadavantages:

1. Xero allows you to upload a range of receipts and documents which you can attach and make available to a range of options: contacts, sales, purchases and spend and receive money transactions. But you still need to do all the data entry manually.

2. MYOB In Tray functionality is at this stage restricted to Payables but the software when uploading the bill does the data entry FOR YOU!

Furthermore there is A LOT more to be considered when choosing between the 2 software, my suggestion is that before you make a decision you get advised by a consultant who is comfortable using both applications and can understand your business needs and point you to the right direction. If you are making that decision you want to make it right and your financial record keeping system will manage your business!

Paolo

Evolution Cloud Accounting

www.evolutionclouds.com.au

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Please MYOB can you give me a date for when you will have your own app that will send scanned receipts into the intray for transactions that will match straight to bank feeds (including memorised transations using rules) ie have an app that will scan receipts and be able to be used with spend money and not using bills.  

I have been asking for this since the intray came out....almost 2 years i think I am not voting anymore this is a MUST have.

i dont want to do it with an add on like shoebox.

If you cant give me a date I am going to have to recommend quickbooks online to clients half the cost of MYOB Essentials ....and it has its own app letting you take pictures of receipts which will then match to bank feeds.

Anyone else asking for this please also put up a post requesting an implementation date for such an app.

Also for the electrician considering Essentials along with Xero and moving from a spreadsheet be warned Essentials does not yet have the ability to do job costing.  something else we have been asking for, for years  but we got a budgeting feature instead....something not one of my myob essentials clients have even used.

DustyRd
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please can we have an implementation date from MYOB for a proper intray in Essentials

If this forum does not get a clear response to our request soon, its better taken into our social channels and discussed openly with a high level of public accountability.

MYOB's recent 30% fee increase has heightened this issue.

D151
2 Posts
Cover User

hi,

I would like to suggest the ability to attach an external PDF document to entries  such as 'spend money', 'receive money" and manually entered general journals. At the moment it appears I can only do it for Bills. I would also like to attach a PDF to Invoices that I have raised for my reference  - for cases where there are delivery dockets, shipping documents, communications etc or other such related documents relating to that invoice/sale.

Often I also make adjustments as general journal entries, or post things that are not just bills and I would like to be able to attach the related workings, substantian documents, explanations etc to those entries for future reference. Descriptions are good - but attaching a a PDF would be better. It would also mean my accountant could fully review all my work for each entry.

Please consider this in a new release. Thanks

D151
2 Posts
Cover User

Just wanted to add that other online programs do have this functionality and I was kind of expecting it on this too. Its a little disappointing that its not available.