Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
TMac77
3 Posts
Cover User

This was posted back in November, surely there's enough votes now to warrant adding an in tray for Spend Money too??? Is it being developed yet?

ARushworth
Trusted Partner
56 Posts
Trusted Partner

mediary
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to use this feature for supplier returns.

I've scanned and attached the original purchase invoice as a Bill. Now I've got a returns invoice/tax adjustment that I have to keep for my GST records. The logical place to keep this would be attached to the supplier return in MYOB.

Kath-raw
3 Posts
User

It would be so helpful to be able to link Supplier Credit Adjustment Note documents to Supplier returns. Currently I have to print them out. Love the ability to link electronic documents to bills so would love to see the same across the board in MYOB Essentials.

aligirl149
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree with this.  Being able to upload a document and link it to an invoice would be great. We would like to be able to scan a basic PDF and attach it to an invoice. 

Colin_ODW
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would like to see ability to link credit notes to a supplier return and also spend money receipts

marianneG
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Our Company would love to have this function for Sales Invoices!

As a Transport & Earthmoving Company we need to send out work dockets/proof of delivery dockets with our invoices. It would be great to have these attached to the electronic invoice in MYOB for further reference instead of having to go through the hard copies.

There is usually multiple dockets to be attached.

They can always be scanned in as one PDF, but it could also be handy to attached them individually as some come in late.

Marianne

JNEpainting
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would appreciate, if MYOB finally listens to their customers and adds a feature that supports all transactions. It's all about making things easier for a business, and yet by limiting the tray features to bills only, you make it harder. Can you please let us know whether or not you will implement this feature? 

Phil_P
1 Post
Cover User

I agree that it is essential (pardon the pun) to be able to link a PDF Supplier Invoice to a Bank Transaction, otherwise this feature is useless to users who have bank feeds for all their bank and credit card accounts. The addition would streamline the whole process and prevent double entry.

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have been asking for this ever since the MYOB  In Tray came out (approx 2 years ago) ....So don't hold your breath.  We are a MYOB practice and it concerns us that  5 clients have left for another online software supplier with bank feeds and YES an  App that lets you take a pic and it matches up with your transactions  in your bank feeds and for a program that is almost half the price of Essentials......our MYOB account manager must have nothing to do ....no new MYOB files on our dashboard for over 4 months.  We spent a  lot of time setting up rules on our MYOB files to automatically code cash transactions  (note less than 5% of our clients would have a fuel account....so 95% of our clients are buying their fuel as a cash transaction directly coming from their credit card or bank account   The intray is a waste of time for these clients reporting on a cash basis.  WHY WHY WHY cant we have an App or an Intray way of matching the receipts to these transactions.  2 years is WAY TO LONG TO WAIT.

I don't want to become a Xero practice but after 2 years of waiting for something that they cant even give us a date for ....we have joined as a Xero Partner.

I also know why we have to use this dumb community forum....instead of an Experts User group on facebook  (where I get a half dozen answers within an hour from other expert users for Xero and QBO its because the unanswered questions on these issues would be a public embarrassment.