Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
NatalieBML
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Xero has this functionality accross all of its platforms.... This is a necessity.

Maree_C
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This suggestion was placed under consideration by MYOB in November 2014. It is now two years later, and we are all no closer to getting this service, I am looking towards other providers suggested in these posts for the next financial year. 

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Do you moderators get embarrassed asking people to vote or something that so obviously needs to be done...why vote for something that isnt going to happen even if you do. I also asked for this feature amost 2 years ago....Nothing but comments saying a good idea and please vote.  WELL IAM VOTING WITH MY FEET....using a different competitors product half the price and it has an app which lets you take a pic of a receipt that will then show up in your bank feed QBO....all the way.....its a pity though my practice software is with MYOB

s_short01
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

This really needs to happen and quickly, to keep up with other providers of account keeping software. I would love to be able to do it from the App too and with something like a peterol bill I think it would be great to not have to go through spend money and set it all up but just have the transction - allocate it to vehicle expense for instance and attach a copy of the invoice to the transaction. 

Traceace
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Have a new client that is using myob and I can't believe that you can't attach the copy to a spend money transaction.  I really don't want to enter bills and then mark them as paid - just takes too much time but how else can my client electronically store the invoices if I don't!  Hurry up myob, you are just costing our clients more money.  Every other cloud accounting package that I use lets me do this.

Can we please have an update on when this will be done.

s_short01
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

I'm seriously looking at changing to XERO for this exact reason! I came here to see if there was an easier way to do things but it seems to still be under consideration. We are changing accountants and our new accountant is a Xero fan but happy for us to stay with MYOB as i am used to working with it but I need some serious receipt keeping changes to occur asap if I am to do so. With a construction business and multiple staff I really need to be able to upload and link copies of receipts straight to bank link transactions without having to enter any further information, purely as a record keeping tool instead of chasing tiny bits of faded paper around cars. Would love to stay with MYOB Essentials but the software needs to make life easier. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @s_short01

Currently this particular idea has been marked as Under Consideration. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program. However I have shared your comments with the team

s_short01
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks @Steven_M I Can see it has been under consideration for the last two years. I appreciate your response and have scheduled to change to XERO in the new financial year unless this is implimeneted. I have asked on my social media pages and everyone agrees that the Xero receipt bank function is amazing. I will be sad to leave MYOB due to this lack of functionality but have to do what is best for the business. 

Delta1
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types

Hi MYOB Team.

Any update on when this would be available?

Thanks

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

wouldn't that be good and sensible ....QBO has it and its half the price....very hard to get out of them when will such an Essential feature is added to myob