MYOB Essentials

Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types

Jai
1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

Current Status: Under consideration

Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your excellent suggestion @Jai  I can certainly see how this feature would be useful with other documents (receipts for instance). Could anyone else who would like to see the In Tray expanded to other transaction types, please cast your vote here. Please also leave a comment explaining how you'd like to use the In Tray, and what sort of documents you'd like to scan.

108 Comments
Experienced Partner DebraAnderson
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

I love being able to attach paperwork to bills but I agree whole-heartedly I think this option is much more valuable for the credit card/spend money type transactions

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thanks for your excellent suggestion @Jai  I can certainly see how this feature would be useful with other documents (receipts for instance). Could anyone else who would like to see the In Tray expanded to other transaction types, please cast your vote here. Please also leave a comment explaining how you'd like to use the In Tray, and what sort of documents you'd like to scan.

bac
1 Post
User

hi.

I would also like to be able to link more than one invoice/credit to an existing bill. I receive more than one invoice per customer per month and would be good to have tthem all in one bill.

also the idea of being able to upload other paperwork is great but will need a folder or something where we could store it. would be good to be able to keep all paperwork in one place.

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thanks for your feedback @bac. I'd encourage you to raise this suggestion as a separate idea, so that we can see what other users think and  so that you can track the progress of your suggestion.

ppsmith
9 Posts
User

Hi

I consultant to various firms and when I render an invoice I also send a memorandum of notes, etc from the consultancy.  It would be great to be able to upload and attach to these notes to the relevant invoice so as to be able to refer back to them without having to search for the paper coply.

Cheers

Patrick

soko
7 Posts
Cover User

I just dragged n dropped the MYOB invoice to my intray and it didn't read the supplier name or even the amount. If this doesnt work with your own invoices, what can I expect for all the others I get?

Not a bit problem, but, well you know...

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello @soko 

The invoice recognition hasn't been setup in a way so as to tie it to one particular invoice format. It has been setup to handle invoices in a generic way. This is a very complicated task to setup. The invoice recognition will improve moving forward.

Experienced Cover User Chantal76
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I recently had the same problem as Soko. Out of 6 different supplier invoices, it recognised the name on 1 and the amount payable on a different 1 and that is it. Considering I had to spend time uploading the invoices to Intray, it took longer using the Intray function that would have if I just manually entered them. 

Very disappointed with a feature that has been heavily spruiked as being a big time saver!

Community Manager Suja_P
5,453 Posts
Community Manager

Hi @Chantal76,

Thank you for your feedback. The OCR technology used to read the contents of the scanned document learns and improves as it goes. Therefore the more documents that you upload the smarter it gets. Over a period of time you will notice that it reads a lot more of the information on the scanned document. Having said that I have passed on your feedback to the team.

Maree_C
6 Posts
Cover User

Agree with the need to have intray for all sales, job sheets, other documents related to sales. Eg contract. All receipts.  Upgraded to new 2015 version  accountright. Was hoping for more capability. This current system is creating two paperless filing systems one within  MYOB and another still needed outside of it.   Creates confusion and reluctance with Workflow and staff training.