Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
LeanneM
Experienced Partner
62 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi,

I would also like to be able to attach other documents such as a finance schedule to a vehicle or equipment purchased and a bank statement to confrim closing balances.

kestrel
Trusted Cover User
37 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Agree with original poster Jai...would love to just upload all those petrol receipts when I 'spend money' . Would solve a whole lot of filing!! Not to mention the tyres; repairs; oil; etc etc.

AnnaMcC
MYOB Product Manager
11 Posts
MYOB Product Manager

Being able to add a document to a journal could be helpful. We had a situation where a trailer was journaled into the business as an owner contribution and we can't link the receipt to the journal Smiley Sad 

Chuck_Mak
Partner
103 Posts
Partner

To be able to incorporate scanning of receipts into Spend Money will be of great help to small businesses.  At the moment, many of my clients rely on Smart Bills to keep their invoices on record for tax purposes but then have to keep manual records of expense paids via Spend Money, such as petrol.  Doesn't have an efficient feel to it.

How I would use this new function would be having a button in Bank Feeds that allows me to link a transaction to invoices already scanned.  Another idea would simply to be able to drag and drop files such as a PDF directly into a line on bank feeds or into a Spend Money screen.

Rehana_D
1 Post
Cover User

Hi All,

I am a new user and was quite surprised that this feature does not exist! It seems so intuitive that bookkeeping/accounting software would allow you to store your receipts, especially in this cloud based world! Most other competetors and actually most other industries are already operating with this functionality of being able to upload images and pdfs and link to transactions. 

Why is MYOB behind the times?

The idea of being 'paperless' certainly gets my vote, in the 'spend money' section in particular, as numerous other posters have said. I agree with the idea that there should be a link beside each transaction in spend money for you to be able to attach a scanned invoice/uploaded photo. There should be the drag and drop feature in both the in-tray and to link to transactions. There should come with an associated android/iphone app that allows you to take photos of receipts and instantly upload to your intray - and this feature should be available for multiple users to link to one intray - not just for the person who holds the log in email account.

It seems there are plenty of votes for this idea. 

Is there a timeframe for when this may come to fruition?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rehana_D

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

In terms of when this idea will be implemented, at this stage we don't have a direct timeframe for when this particular idea will be added. However we certainly do understand the benefits of it for clients.

TransferFreight
5 Posts
Cover User

Ok, I have to put this out there, cause I'm sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe here...I'm rather confused as to how exactly the MYOB Development Team decides on which suggestions to take up & which to use to mess with our minds in respect to the question "To migrate, or not to migrate?!" I'm starting to think they're speaking with the little wee people at the end of the garden, you know, the leprachauns!

I ask this primarily because as I look down the "Top Ideas" section of the community idea exchange I can't help but notice the system of not having a sytem seems to be the order of the day, unless of course it's one of those systems that ignores the use of numbers in any type of calculation being performed with relation to votes & comments...oh, if that's the case then there's defintiely not a system!

For instance, how is it that the 2nd most popular idea is planned, none of the top five are implemented & 4 of the top 5 have only still managed to be "Under Consideration" despite the most popular idea (determined by means of mathmetacial summation of those votes cast...as opposed to the summation of those votes having been thought about being cast, I'm not that clever, but obviously someone is) having twice the number of votes of the 6th most popular idea which, yep, you guessed it, has been implemented.

Who is the MYOB Development Team anyway, they are computer programmers right?! But surely if they are then you would expect them to use a numeracy based system to determine which ideas to take up & which to implemnt & in what order?! Maybe they are...and I just can't see it?!

Anyone, anyone...

DustyRd
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I suspect if MYOB developers were making the decision, they would have prioritied the implementation of this sought after (and competative) feature.

Sadly, it appears the MYOB management team are actively deciding not to implement it, making a bit of a mockery of the forum.

Come on MYOB management guys, why dont you front up and tell us if or when this is going to be implemented - of if not, what is your rationale?

Ozkitchens
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The In Tray option for spend money would benefit our business alot.  

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I spent a lot of time with clients who operate on a cash basis using memorised transacactions.  A lot of these clients are in the construction industry and it does reportable payments really well.  The intray feature is wasted though on all such clients who dont use the purchase module of essential.  I asked for the intray feature to be added to allow to match to memorised coded transactions when the intray first came out...Still nothing....maybe if we can get xero to do it....MYOB might just see the need for it.