Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
Gaz-FSA
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Hey!

I'm all for removing crap from my desk and making my book keeping easier.... I am loving the integrated bank acounts linked to my on line myob...

I'd love it even more if I could link the chart of accounts to Shoebox.com account..... 

If I could somehow have all my reciepts/invoice records correctly corresponding to my Myob data entries.... book-keeping and tax would basically be automatic for my small business!  All I'd basically have to do is scan in my receipts/invoices.

Well how good would that be huh?

regards

Gazza

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

SerialStartups
1 Post
User

I second this!  I use Shoeboxed and am considering leaving Accountedge and MYOB because of the lack of integration.  I am growing my business and if things don't talk to each ofhter, I will move to the ones that do talk.  Unfortunately Quickbooks is looking better though I already have and like MYOB.  What is the status on getting a shoeboxed integration?

Ben_Jenkin
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Shoeboxed integration would be excellent.

DebraAnderson
Experienced Partner
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

I love being able to attach paperwork to bills but I agree whole-heartedly I think this option is much more valuable for the credit card/spend money type transactions

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your excellent suggestion @Jai  I can certainly see how this feature would be useful with other documents (receipts for instance). Could anyone else who would like to see the In Tray expanded to other transaction types, please cast your vote here. Please also leave a comment explaining how you'd like to use the In Tray, and what sort of documents you'd like to scan.

bac
1 Post
User

hi.

I would also like to be able to link more than one invoice/credit to an existing bill. I receive more than one invoice per customer per month and would be good to have tthem all in one bill.

also the idea of being able to upload other paperwork is great but will need a folder or something where we could store it. would be good to be able to keep all paperwork in one place.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback @bac. I'd encourage you to raise this suggestion as a separate idea, so that we can see what other users think and  so that you can track the progress of your suggestion.

ppsmith
9 Posts
User

Hi

I consultant to various firms and when I render an invoice I also send a memorandum of notes, etc from the consultancy.  It would be great to be able to upload and attach to these notes to the relevant invoice so as to be able to refer back to them without having to search for the paper coply.

Cheers

Patrick

soko
9 Posts
Cover User

I just dragged n dropped the MYOB invoice to my intray and it didn't read the supplier name or even the amount. If this doesnt work with your own invoices, what can I expect for all the others I get?

Not a bit problem, but, well you know...