Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Description character limit

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
New Zealand

Just wondering if you would be able to add more space on your invoices for description. We are an electrical business and would like to be able to add more detailed description of the work carried out, or promotion specials. 

Another improvement we love to see would be to have your terms of trading on invoices eg payment required by the 20th of the month following invoice (or similar)

"INVOICE Description Box"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2018

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow for the user to enter up to 1000 characters in the Description field of an invoice line. A user can also enter 20,000 characters in the Notes to Customer field- which will be included at the bottom of the produced invoice.

For those clients that wish to attach their Terms and Conditions to the emailed invoice to the customer, this can be done at the time of emailing the invoice using the Add attachments option in the Send to customer pop-up window.

8 Comments
StephenL
MYOB Staff
584 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi LJPriest,

I have moved this message to the suggestions and enhancements section so that the product managers can take a look.

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Terms of Trading can be shown by creating a Comment text box in - Lists - Sales & Purchases Information - Comments

CathieR
Ultimate Partner
965 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Kym

Whilst your advice is true of AccountRight products, it does not apply to MYOB Live Accounts.

traegardner
1 Post
User

Yes LJPriest I agree that it would great if Terms and Conditions could automatically display on each and every invoice that is generated on MYOB LiveAccounts (just like the logo and contact details are). At present I am manually copy and pasting terms and conditions from a word document into the 'desciption' field for every invoice I create - not ideal....

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Thanks for your enhancement LJPriest,

This has been raised by a few clients and I am hoping will be included within LiveAccounts early 2012. 

If you think of anything else you would like in LiveAccounts, please feel free to add them to this forum.

Thanks

Mark_Blakeley
1 Post
User

I'd like to suggest the option of attaching a file to the email when sending an invoice.  I need to send timesheets along with the invoice, and currently do this by sending a separate email outside of LiveAccounts.

Regards,

MLB

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow for the user to enter up to 1000 characters in the Description field of an invoice line. A user can also enter 20,000 characters in the Notes to Customer field- which will be included at the bottom of the produced invoice.

For those clients that wish to attach their Terms and Conditions to the emailed invoice to the customer, this can be done at the time of emailing the invoice using the Add attachments option in the Send to customer pop-up window.