Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Individual Payment Terms

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

"Individual Payment Terms (customers and suppliers)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

58 Comments
YccA
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please add supplier terms to contacts.  This would be very handy to track payments due.  Yes I realise it can be added manually but would be so much quickly if it was programed in to each supplier

Telly
3 Posts
Cover User

The lack of this feature is the only thing that is holding me back choosing MYOB.

derekaw
6 Posts
Cover User

Please implemet this asap. I have different customers with different terms and I have to use a spreadsheet to keep track and sometimes I forget to add the right terms and the customer gets an incorrect invoice and its very embarassing. 

WES
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

NahlaMidge
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner

Hi,

We manufacture customised goods. Customers make a 50% deposit up front. Balance due prior to dispatch.

Can MYOB please provide this as a payment option?

If I select prepaid, the emailed invoice goes out with OVERDUE on it. Upsetting customers.

If I put "In a given # of Days" our customers expect delivery on that day. Which is impossible to pre arrange.

Please bring in other payment options. We'd love Balance Due Prior To or On Dispatch.

Thank you.

JuliaE
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes, this is a must change! So much time and errors with having to update each invoice individually to get terms right for various customers. Please get this improvement sorted!

Blender
3 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree!  This causes a lot of user errors not being able to tailor the payment terms to individual customers!

EsterlienLoeMau
1 Post
User

It will be great if MYOB essential have features to set supplier payment terms (so that I dont need to enter manually the due date), recognise the double up when entering supplier invoice number and have additional search box in bills / purchases to select invoices based on issue and due date.

leahbell
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree - very frustrating to have to enter recurring Bank Fees every month and when entering every purchase having to remember to change the Due date. I have also had the situation of duplicating a bill - fortunately I reconcile to statements so have not included duplicated bill in payment

RayNZ
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

Nearly six years on since this suggestion which is repeated in many other blogs. High time it was done, thanks.