Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
BWPS
1 Post
Cover User

THis feature is a necessity and should have been added long ago goven that the issue was flagged in 2014! Is there an update on when it will be available?

interface
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Looks like this under consideration from 2014.  It's 2017 now and still not LSL included in MYOB Essentials.  Our client using MYOB Essentials due to the reason that Desktop version (AccountsRight) can not be installed on their computers (Macs).  Now they considering to move from MYOB due to lack of features that they need.

Itsasteel
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I notice that this has been "under consideration" since July 2014. How long does it take you to "consider"?

UPM
2 Posts
Cover User
Since July 2014this has been "Under Consideration"  Its actually the law to keep records so it should be implemented in essentials asap!
ianpoco
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

It would be great to track long service leave as I have an employee at the moment that had accrued long service leave and there is no simple way to track this in Essentials 

Sharon-1974
3 Posts
Cover User

There were posts going back to 2014 in regards to the requirements to be able to track LSL and yet it still isn't available in Essentials.  Other software providers are offering it for packages with 1 employee but MYOB tell me we need AR Plus.  This is not good enough if you can't track it without manual calculations we went to Essentials to reduce work load with bank feeds to only be told that we have to manually calculate and track LSL.  How many upgrades do you need to do before you make it a priority?  It has already been 4 years looking at the posts.

Marrianne
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Long service leave is a legal requirement in Australia therefore it should automatically be an integral part of the MYOB software.

Marrianne
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

I can't believe this request has been in the pipeline for over 4 years now!!  It is absurd that a payroll system doesn't have the necessary features to cope with legal requirements.  You will be losing another client very soon if this is not rectified.

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

You're flogging a dead horse @Marrianne @Sharon-1974 @UPM @Itsasteel et al, MYOB only care about sales, 4 years in the "consideration" pipeline proves that, if you want LSL you have to upgrade to AR Live. 

melindas76
4 Posts
Cover User

Cannot believe that this request was changed to Under Consideration 4 years ago!! Please review this request and make the upgrade in Essentials. Thanks