Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Ability to personalise statement (i.e. add Logo)

Cover User

5Posts

287Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

Please can we have the ability to customise our forms, invoices and statements etc? I want to be able to include my logo on my statements. I'd love to be able to add to my invoices a paypal (or other) web address for people wanting to pay by credit card. I'd like to be able to change the wording on emailed invoices. Arrrgh. So frustrating!

'MYOB LIVE customised forms and templates ... my way!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2018

The ability to personalise invoices and statements and add Payment Options / How to pay section has been delivered. For more information please refer to Essentials blog article improved customer statements today

82 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion @AJMDieselRepair

Customising Statements has been suggested here and is one of the popular ideas. I've merged your idea post here and combined the votes, the number of votes would help our developers to prioritise their work, hopefully this feature can be added in the near future. 

Another option you might consider is switching to AccountRight (PC)/AccountEdge (MAC) products, compare to Essentials Accounting they have more advanced features and customisations available, customising statements is one of them. However it does mean you will need to setup a new file if you do make the switch.

Kind regards

Clover 

M8trix
2 Posts
User

We will certainly welcome this feature. Very frustrating not being able to put customised notes in to all customers without having to type it separately on each invoice. Please implement this sooner rather than later :-)

lousullivan
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User

We would also like the ability to have more than one template/form (for sending to clients who want to pay with Bartercard). 

SamJMCA
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I really can't believe that there is only 1 invoice template in this program and feel really annoyed that I did not pick up on this before recommending the software to my client. My client is really dismayed that they have 'upgraded' to cloud accounting and can't produce an invoice for each trading name as he has been doing for the past decade on his old MYOB system. Surely a second template at least is not that hard to implement.

peter_b
2 Posts
User

Hi there

One company I am subcontracting through wants me to charge the full sales price on my invoice and then have a -25% total column (management fee - which they receive) at the end. Unfortunately your invoice template does not allow me to do this (I called the MYOB contact centre and was told this was not possible). Can you please add more options for total and debit columns on your invoicing template to assist with real world accounting? That would be awesome thanks.

Peter 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @peter_b

Thank you for taking the time to vote for this idea, and posting details of your suggestion here. We've passed your feedback to the relevant team, hopefully it will be added in the future. 

Please feel free to browse and post on the forum at any time. 

sincityrims
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Please update MYOB Essentials Invoicing!!! 

MYOB Essentials needs to include the ability to display customer details (aside from just name and address) on invoices.  We need to have the ability to show customer phone, email and ABN at the least.  Please consider urgently.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @sincityrims

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Clevelands
1 Post
User

MYOB Essentials seems to be a joke lacking a lot of the basic features that were even in their old programs, as this idea was submitted now over 2 years ago I doubt this will ever happen. I’m surprised this wasn’t one of the first features I mean what kind of business doesn’t use customise invoices.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Clevelands,

Thank you for your feedback. Essentials Accounting is a simple accounting product, it began as a product designed for novice users. You would find it doesn't have as many features and customisations comparing to the desktop product AccountRight/AccountEdge.

However it is our developers ongoing goal to improve the Essentials Accounting. In 2015 our developers have introduced invoice and quote layouts and more control over the logo, we will continue to bring out improvements in the future. 

This idea posted actually contains a few different ideas, please feel free to let us know which one of them you would like to see the most, or if you have any other similar suggestions to add.