Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Merge/Combine contacts

Cover User

4Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
New
New

Please incorporate the ability to merge contacts (customers and suppliers) as we all make mistakes from time to time and re-enter a name (perhaps with a slightly different spelling).

"Merging contacts"

13 Comments
JennyDFriday
1 Post
User

Please, it is almost insane in 2018 that we can't merge contacts on MYOB Essentials, can you plaee amend this

Sign-C
5 Posts
User

Is there a way to merge two clients like you could in AccountRight? We have just migrated and imported our old contacts list but there are a few we want to merge, but from what I can see it can only be done manually editing one client and then deleting the other

Bek27
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

It doesn't seem like we can merge contacts in MYOB Essentials for some reason? 

EvotecIT
1 Post
User

Merging of contacts is a basic need.

MErikson
6 Posts
User

Essentials really is missing a lot of Essentials when it comes to accounting

I have been resisting changing clients over but after only a week of using it find

1) not able to combine or merge customer cards

2) no duplicate invoice warning

3) not impressed with the limitaion of Linked accounts

4) not impressed with the reports suite

and thats after one week

MErikson
6 Posts
User

OMG just realised the initial post on this topic was 2017 - it is half way 2022 - I guess its not getting fixed!

AL6
1 Post
User

Yes, I would also prefer this card/contacts merging function to be returned in MYOB essessials. I can see this issue has been raised since 2017, but take action as soon as you can. Thank you.

colleenWatson
Partner
38 Posts
Partner

I have concluded that we post requests for changes in the system year after year, and nothing gets done. Does the development team exist? These requests are made for a good reason. To make our job more efficient.

MErikson
6 Posts
User

One whole year later from my first post - no action on this one raised in 2017 and not even the courtesy of a reply.  A long time supporter of MYOB but really losing heart over the last few years!

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MErikson

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your input and are constantly working to improve our software. Your suggestion is valuable to us as we consider enhancements for future updates. While we can't guarantee when or if this feature will be implemented, I'll make sure to pass your request along to our development team for their consideration. If you have any more details or specific ideas regarding this feature, please feel free to share them with us. Your feedback helps us make our software even better.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist.
Regards,
Earl