Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

@CloverQ @Steven_M @Liam_M

Any chance of receiving an update on the above???

Thanks

Bec

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

Currently this ideas is Under Consideration as we are still investigating adding this functionality to MYOB Essentials. We don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be placed in development. At this stage we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required from this idea.

ModernPl
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This probably doesn't apply to everyone but if its possible i would like to see the purchase order or even the start of a purchase order in the invoice overview screen.

I have 15 invoices from the same company and 13 from another at a time it would be so much easier for me to find the one im chasing as its very slow going in and out of each one.

Thanks Hayden

SMcDonald
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Hi @Steven_M

I think 2 years has been long enough to consider a very simple function to implement. Why are MYOB dragging their feet on this issue. For all the companies I have worked for if we did not have this VERY BASIC feature that is being requested we couldn't operate productively.

Like nurmerous users have advised already, this adds significant amount of time to a supposedly easy & user friendly product. By not having this function Myob Essentials is not user friendly or easier than going back to the old workbook accounting.

Didn't know it needed 2 years for clients to vote/comment on such a stupid issue for you guys to even have the idea 'under consideration'. That term to me seems like a 'lets say this to keep them happy for now' statement.

Get your account together MYOB, it's not hard.

Seth

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SMcDonald

Thank you for your feedback and enquiry in regards to this idea and marking of the idea.

Currently as mentioned above we are unable to advise on when a particular idea will be added to program from the MYOB Essentials. All ideas are passed onto the program development to investigate their possible inclusion into the program.  We encourage users on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange to show support for a particular idea by voting. Voting for ideas do give us an indication of the number of MYOB Community Forum members that would like to see a particular idea added the program. This doesn't mean that an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange no votes will get added, an idea with a larger number of votes will be marked as higher demand. 

Once again we are unable to advise on when a particular idea will be marked as in development or added to the program. However I have shared your thoughts with the team.

SMcDonald
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Hi @Steven_M

Thank you for such a quick and standard response. However looking in the Essentials Ideas area, I have already come across 3-4 'ideas' that are all about the same thing and each have considerable vote's behind them. Like the one mentioned above here are a few links.

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Reference-in-invoice-listing/idi-p/341904

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Purchase-Orders-in-the-invoice-overview-s...

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Customer-purchase-order-numbers-displayed...

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Purchase-order-number-displayed-on-list-o...

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Searching-invoice-details-by-a-keyword/id...

Totally 50 Votes thus far. So how many votes warrants more progress than Under Consideration??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SMcDonald

Thanks for the message. I've responded to your post on Myob Essentials - Purchase Order from Invoice

ModernPl
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree, fingers out. I just posted the same idea as well. 2 years should be a long enough time frame in my opinion,

my 5c

H

KG17
1 Post
User

Hi, 

It would be great if we could see the purchase order number on the screen that shows the list of invoices. 

The purchase order number is critical to our business. And it is the refence given when we are searching to see if a invoice or payment has been made.

This would save us heaps of time, to see this quickly rather than having to click into each invoice manually to see if that is the purchase number we are looking for. 

The older software, from MYOB we had, had this feature, so im sure it would not be to hard for your programers to organise. Especaially seeing there is a purchase order field in the invoice. So why not utilise it!

It would also be great to be able to search by purchase number, as this is the number quoted to us by our customers. The number our whole company resolves around.

Please please please add this to the next update!!!!!!!!!

We really love the new MYOB Essentials, as a whole, and love the way it auto links to the bank statement, but this minor adjustment would make it absolutely perfect, and it would then suit all our needs. 

Cheers Kathleen

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KG17

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials. 

I have merged your idea in regards to showing the purchase order number on the invoice screen with this idea already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.