Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
SMcDonald
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

@Steven_M

Hi Steven,

You wouldn't think to merge any of the other idea's identified that are requesting the same thing?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SMcDonald

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the merging of ideas on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Currently we are in the process of looking into merging similar ideas the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. This way clients can easily cast their feedback on an idea and vote for an idea rather that multiple duplicates. At this stage we are in the processing of merging any new ideas submitted with an existing one. We may look at merging pre-existing ideas (with comments) across in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

arnoldair
3 Posts
Cover User

There is no function on myob essentials that allows you to find an invoice using the customer purchase order.

When a customer rings to find out about their order they quote a purchase order number.

my only way around this is to scroll through the date they ordered it manually find it.

Im not quite sure why we can put in purchase order number, if we cant search for it.

NigelBB
1 Post
User

There should be a search option for Purchase Orders as I may have 50 invoices for the same client & do not want to open every invoice to find the 1 I am looking for.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @NigelBB

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

I've merged your idea with this similar idea already on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. While not directly related, your idea would be a by product of this one i.e. adding the column to that window will allow searching of it.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @arnoldair

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials 

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

MelbChauffeur
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi folks!

Is it possible to add a 'Purchase order' column under 'Invoices' ? It would be a handy method to distinguish between different invoices to the same customer at a glance. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Is there a solution to Paying bank feeds coming soon? It would be a valuable feature, saving much time!

Tranquil
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi there,

Could we have the reference/order tab appear on the main Sales & Quote page.  We invoice the same companies but for different jobs and find it somewhat difficult to locate the invoice or quote a company may be ringing about. it is easlier to go to the printed copies which is hard for one to do when not in the office. 

We also require a reference/order box to appear on the quote system.

Thank you for your time

Tranquil

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MelbChauffeur

Thank you for your comments in regards to MYOB Essentials and the Invoice window.

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

You also mentioned PayPal feeds, in terms of that I would refer to the idea PayPal feeds

DCANOD
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Agreed. I have been asking for the client p/o number to show on that main page so you can searc t sine MYOB essentials started, to no avail Instead they focus on cosmetic changes rather than ones that are actually useful to 99% of the users. This is the first sytem I ahve ever used that does not allow you to search for a customer p/o when they call and ask for the missing invoice - 2 hours later ypu may or may not find it. very very frustrating.