Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Entering opening balances (Australia)

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Thanks Liam_M - I ended up entering the history by monthly pay runs.   Everything balances back to trial balance now and manual version completed - YAY Smiley Happy

Thanks for the tip on the payment summaries too .. will have to remember that one however I think for the clients it is best to have the history to avoid errors if they need to run reports.  Especially now their old accounting  system is not going to be active. 

Can you please transfer this post to the recommendation page as a future enchancement to have the ability for us to update payroll history in the employee card files it would save a lot of work when doing conversons Smiley Wink

Love your work,

Booksinthecloud 

"Re: Payroll History - MYOB Essentials conversion from another product"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to end year-to-date (opening) balances through the employee's Pay History.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

2 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
As requested, I've moved this post to our idea exchange. Thanks for the suggestion. The option to add pay history would be of great benefit. Any users wanting to include pay history for new employees (for payment summaries, as well as year to date amounts on payslips), please cast your vote here.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to end year-to-date (opening) balances through the employee's Pay History.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.