Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Include reference field to what invoice is

Cover User

2Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi ,

When you look at the list of invoices only Invoice numbers, customers, data, amount, status etc are seen. If there was a column showing a reference to what the invoice is then it would be helpful to figure out which invoice relates to what. I am currently keeping a separate spreadsheet with Invoice numbers matched to POs, project codes etc. 

Regards,

Rony

"Reference in invoice listing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Thanks for your great suggestion @RonyS.  Anyone else who would like to see some information about what an invoice is for in the invoices list screen, please cast your vote here. I would also strongly encourage you to leave a comment stating where this information should come from. For instance do you want to use the notes field from the invoice entry screen, or did you want a new field to be added to invoices for this purpose.

18 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your great suggestion @RonyS.  Anyone else who would like to see some information about what an invoice is for in the invoices list screen, please cast your vote here. I would also strongly encourage you to leave a comment stating where this information should come from. For instance do you want to use the notes field from the invoice entry screen, or did you want a new field to be added to invoices for this purpose.

ppsmith
9 Posts
User

Hello

I agree with Rony that this would be a good enhancement to MYOB Essentials.  I went from MYOB AccountEdge Pro to Xero at first.  I didn't like Xero so then changed to MYOB Essentials howver the one thing in Xero that I did like was that there was a column where a reference could be inserted and that column then showed up when reviewing or reconciling invoices.  I, too, am keeping a separate spreadsheet with invoice numbers which is cumbersome.  

I hope that this suggestion is considered.

Cheers

Pauline

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ppsmith

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In response to Liam_M, can both be done please? Some people, such as myself woud search by the notes fields for invoices related to a particular car and other details (which is our case). Reference lines were introduced, I would pehaps use those as well to add a car registration number or other detail by which we frequently need to locate an invoice. So, I personally could use both improvements if they were implemented. I have posted earlier my request to make notes fields searchable twice before. Thank you very much.

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I forgot to mention that my request was for both invoices and bills to have searchable note fields.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @aplus 

Thank you for feedback and voting for this idea. I've shared your thoughts with the team.

Currently the idea has been marked as Under Consideration and we are encouraging clients that would like to see it in future versions to vote and comment.

SMcDonald
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

@Steven_M

Any update on this one and how much longer it'll be 'under consideration'

its a very basic need that has been expressed numerous times before.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SMcDonald

Thanks for your enquiry regarding this idea.

At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be marked as in the development/implemented. However we do encourage clients to vote and comment if required for this  idea.

Susan_DH
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like the Customer PO to be viewed in the Invoices Screen - I find this very helpful in Account Right and am new to Essentials and finding it painful to not have some other reference point than the Sales Invoice number that is automatically generated.

The sooner the better.

The notes idea is perhaps and option, but the Customer PO is already a habit for me.

Thanks

Susan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Susan_DH

Thank you for your sharing your comments and thoughts in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.