Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ism, @MFLauren and @vision123,

Thank you for your comments and votes. Your feedback have been passed on to our product development team. We hope this popular idea is implemented in a future update. Thank you for your patience in the meantime. We request others who would like to be able to send Remittance Advice from Essentials to please continue to vote and comment. 

PrintFresh
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would also like to vote for this, but the link doesn't appear to be working...

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PrintFresh,

I've updated the link for the original Idea Exchange post (provided in  Liam's post). You should now be able to click into the link and add your vote. To vote, simply click on the + Vote button at the top left hand side of the Idea's Name. 

Do let us know if you have any further issues with this.

caz708
1 Post
User

I swapped from MYOB account right plus  to Myob Essentials Live and while it has many great features not be able to send a remittance advice to a business is extremely frustrating. I agree with Permalink this really is "an essential: business tool.

CJPOLO
1 Post
User

@Matthew_W Or @Suja_P do we have any update on this as this feature is limiting a few transitions of clients to this platform?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CJPOLO

We currently are still looking into adding this feature into the program. We don't have a release date for its inclusive at this point in time. 

I would continue to encourage members of the Community to vote and comment for this idea. To comment for an idea on the Essentials Idea Exchange use the + vote button to the left of the idea's name.

skinpack
4 Posts
User

We also swapped from AccoutEdge Pro at the recommendation of MYOB but have found it is missing some very basic accounting features, Remittance advice is one but also the ability to print a packing slip. 

Both these functions are everyday requirements for most businesses.

Considering this was sugested in Oct 2013, I would have thought it was due by now?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @skinpack

Thank you for your feedback

Currently this idea is still in Under Consideration. We are still considering the idea and the implications of this idea. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be placed on the program road map for development. However saying that we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea to vote and comment if required.

skinpack
4 Posts
User

Hi @Steven_M

Appreciate your comments.

The problem is we run Mac's so dont have the option of running AccountRight as it only runs on PC & dont believe running Parralell or VMWare is the solution. 

Will AccountRight be made available for MAC's in the near future?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @skinpack

At this stage, we currently don't have a time frame for when AccountRight 201x will run directly on a MAC OS. This is due to the fact that AccountRight 201x does run on critical Microsoft components that can only be installed on a MAC OS.

The workaround which you can mentioned is Parallels or VMWares. While this doesn't work for all business it may be a solution for some users.