Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
dddd
4 Posts
Cover User

Seriously another basic everyday feature not in myob that most businesses use. Maybe Xero is the better option.

Edit: I made an excel spreadsheet that does the trick. Easier than asking for accounting software to do accounting I guess

MSKS
1 Post
Cover User

The remittance advise an essential please.

dukes
1 Post
Cover User

What a nightmare this is creating by not having this function. Its basic for accounts.I dont see how when other versions have this option why it takes 2.5 years to consider it when its clarly a popular option. What is the issue?

kgc
2 Posts
Cover User

Why is there no facilty for me to send a remittance advice to suppliers in this version of you software????

I REQUIRE THE ABILITY TO SEND A REMITTANCE

Regards

Sean

Jacqueline12345
1 Post
Cover User

You need to put on a remittance advise option or you will be losing my custom, theres plenty other software out there that can do much more than MYOB live essentials .. i see it was first escalated in 2014 !! How long before you actually do these things?

Westcoat
1 Post
Cover User

HI All,

The essentials is great for small business, but could have more detailed reports for the suppliers. Eg remittance advice. Hoping this will come in the next update.

Thank you to the myob Team with all the guidance you give.

AWESOME

Regards

Shelley 

Damon_P
5 Posts
Cover User

I paid two large material suppliers last Thursday morning and by the afternoon I had queries from the accounts department of both asking when are you going to pay.   If there had been a remittance advice feature in Essentials I would have used it and would have saved everyones time.  It's not practical to send a detailed email to a supplier everytime you pay them.   I don't see this as a potential feature addition I see this as a critical missing piece of the software.  I find Essentials otherwise very good for the fast processing of supplier invoices and monitoring of payables due, but unfortunately it doesn't see this task through to the end.

AFAPtyLtd
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please MYOB - Remittance would be a real asset to the platfrom and an essential for any small business. Regards

GreenFrog1
4 Posts
User

Hi, not a 'New Idea', but we really need this function.

Too much time is spent manually typing up emails to individual suppliers each week once payments are made to advise them of payments made.

This is a really basic function, that all accounting software should have.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE REMITTANCE ADVICE.

Cheers

Green Frog

ErinS_PP
2 Posts
Cover User

I can't believe that such a BASIC function has still not been implemented...