MYOB Essentials

Running reports in Essentials

Partner Allertonj
4 Posts
Partner
Australia

When you run a profit and loss report for a particular month and then drill down into a line to see what is in that amount, once you go back it re runs the report for the standard 1 July to date, not the actual month you wanted.  So every time you want a particular month and drill down you have to reselect the report month again. It should take you back to the actual month report you wanted not default to YTD report.

Current Status: Clarification needed

Hi there @Allertonj,

Thanks for your post. I've just tested this out on my end and wasn't able to replicate the issue you were referring to. Could you perhaps tell us a little bit more about how you've going back to the report after drilling down into a line? What are the exact steps you're taking when the date range reverts back to the first of July?

Cheers

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

2 Comments
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,012 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi there @Allertonj,

Thanks for your post. I've just tested this out on my end and wasn't able to replicate the issue you were referring to. Could you perhaps tell us a little bit more about how you've going back to the report after drilling down into a line? What are the exact steps you're taking when the date range reverts back to the first of July?

Cheers

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

Experienced Partner loganwoods
45 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi Tallie,

You can see this by running a profit & loss report for a period, say beginning to end of month, then drill down into the account & then transaction details. Then if you try to go back to the report, the start date for the period will change (revert) to 1 July.

cheers

Stuart