Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Invoice description in Invoices window

6Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
User
New Zealand

I, and others would find it helpful, if we were able to search for an invoice by entering a name or keyword, we expect would be in it.

Example, we do a lot of shipping service work for a fishing company.  The invoices all go to the company, but they have many ships we service.  I cannot see a way, that we could search that companies, hundreds of invoices....by a single ship name or keyword.  For later refernce of what work we have performed in the past.  Can this functionality be implemented?

"Searching invoice details by a keyword"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2015

Thank you for your suggestion and comments. 

Improving the search ability in Essentials Accounting is certainly something our developers would like to do in the future. We welcome any interested users to cast your vote for this idea, or post any further suggestions in the comment section, it would greatly help our developers to prioritise their work. 

30 Comments
JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Julie

we have the same problem with property management companies trying to identify which property an invoice was for, and the only work around i have come up with is to include an identifier in the contact name.  So for each property I invoice it like Professionals for 123 Smith St, Professionals for 567 High St etc.  To do this you have to enter the address twice in the contact form (under both primary contact and postal address) to have the identifier searchable in the contacts dropdown box and the main invoices screen.

Drives me crazy, I have repeatedly mentioned this to MYOB, but no joy in 18 months.  Good luck!

Jill

StudioNero
4 Posts
User

I am testing Essentials and cannot believe there is no way to enter a few words of description for my invoices!  I am not convinced this is an efficient solution for my business.

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, we use notes fields on bills and invoices to enter various details about our suppliers and customers. We often need to find a document that has this or that details, and we cannot because the notes are not searchable. Would that be possible to make these fields searchable? It would be really useful. Thank you

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion, we encourage all users that would like this field searchable when reporting to comment and select the Vote+ button.

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please make notes fields searchable. Please vote for this suggestion. Am I the only one who needs it? We enter car details into the notes field and often need to find invoices related to this or that particular car. With bills, we have a clearing house entered as a supplier, because we pay through the clearing house and add the name of the actual supplier in the notes. It is currently impossible to group such bills by the actual supplier, which would be extremely useful. Thanks.

TimN
10 Posts
Cover User

When there's a numerous Quotes for same client, some even with same amount, it' impossible to know which quote is for which job as the Quotes top level listing page doesn't have a short description.

Screen shot of my Quotes page shows how same client displays on Quotes list. 

Be wonderful if another column can be added to this list with a 'Short Description' of the Quote. 

thanks. 

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 12.50.01 pm.jpg
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TimN

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and the quotes page.

Are you able to clarify would you be wanting say the first line of the quote to appear as the description or another box that you can enter data into on the enter quotes screen to enter that description so it appears on the quotes page?

TimN
10 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steven

A method to show/hide the description line of the quote would be a good way to identify it in the list.   Or a rollover with popup showing the description. 

A short description on the Quote form would be good too, that populated a new column on the Quotes listing page. 

Either solution works - it probably depends on which is more practical technically. 

Thanks. Tim 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TimN

Thank you for clarifying your idea further.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a description for quotes/invoices as to what the transaction is for to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Bayside101
1 Post
User

Hi,

I really need to be able to search via reference key words (address) rather than quote number or customer. We quote several jobs for the same client, it's time consuming to then sift through to find the quotes to double check things or edit. Also over the span of 12 months or more we may be asked to give quotes on the same property, so it would be nice to check the address to see if the property has been quoted before.

I'm able to add a small amount of information to the quote number, but generally it will not fit the entire street name etc. and as this is then visible on the quote it can look a little strange.

I have just been online with the help chat, but they couldn't see a way to add a reference in the current format either. If it is possible already would love if someone could let me know.

Thanks, Mel