Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Use Trading Name, not Business Name

Cover User

2Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
New
New

Hi,

When our customers receive an emailed invoice from us, the sender  of the email is shown as our Business Name (which is a trust name) not our Trading Name which is what we are known by.

We would love to be able to change this so that the name that the email is sent from be our Trading Name.

Thanks! 

"Sender of email invoices to be Trading Name rather than Business Name"

4 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

An invoice is a legal document as is a quote or purchase order.  As such it is required to have your full legal name.  For a trust this would include the name of the trustee.

Thus you would have to have something like this. 

Bill Blogs

as trustee for

The Bloggs Family Trust

trading as

SMART BIZ

ABN 111 111 111 11

Michael-OB
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi James,

The issue is not with the invoice but with the email that is sent with the invoice. It should use the Trading Name and not the business name. 

Cheers,

Michael

RienaP
2,155 Posts
Former Staff

Hi  @Thomas15

Thanks for your question and thanks to @Michael-OB and @JamesSullivan

If you go to your business settings (top-right hand corner) >>Invoice and quote settings>>under Default email text>>Default Invoice Email>> drop down the arrow, you can select your Trading Name instead of your Business Name. You have an opportunity to change the default email message and choose what you want your customer to see.

3011-4.png

When email is sent to the customer this is what a customer can see

3011-5.png

I can see that it is currently using both the business name as well as Trading name as mentioned by @Michael-OB and @Thomas15. I would highly recommend you to put forward your idea using this "Submit an Idea" on this forum as our developers look at when making enhancements for any of our software. Once the idea is there than other users who would like the change can vote for this idea. As the ranking increases, there are higher chances for our product developers to consider the idea in upcoming upgrades. 

Hope this helps! Please let us know if there is further help needed. 

Kim_Smith85
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I am also having this issue, and the email settings don't allow to fix it.

My issue is that my business name eg 'ABC Pty Ltd' is coming up as the 'from' in the clients inbox. 

I believe this is pulling from the actual business name in the myob set up, which of course I can't change in the business details.  But in the email it only gives the stubject and text to be altered, not the 'from' field.

Our clients don't know our PTY LTD company name as we are trading as for eg 'DEF Livestock Transport' so it's completely different.

Can we please be given an option to change this as it seems extremely unprofessional.

Thanks