Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Set up a pay item and link it to multiple employees

2Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

When adding payroll categories (eg. Leave Loading or Night rate) it is necessary to add this to each employee separately rather than create the category and then select to which employees this relates as is the case in MYOB AccountRight Plus.  This is very time consuming and can lead to inconsistencies.  I’d love to see this changed to be in line with the AR Plus software.

"Setup Payroll Categories that apply to multiple employees"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

With the introduction of Pay Items, MYOB Essentials allows for the user to create the one pay item and then link that to multiple employees. For more information on this see MYOB Essentials Blog Article: Managing your pay items just got easier.

2 Comments
WharfSt
7 Posts
User

This was going to be my suggestion. I have multiple employees under the same pay rates and have to enter their rates, penalty rates and allowances all over and over again! Entering rates first and then allocating employees to the rates would be soooooo much more efficient!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the introduction of Pay Items, MYOB Essentials allows for the user to create the one pay item and then link that to multiple employees. For more information on this see MYOB Essentials Blog Article: Managing your pay items just got easier.