Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Inclusion of Payables with tax and Receivables with Tax

Cover User

1Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Could we please have reports of Payables with Tax and Receivables with Tax as per AccountRight included in Essentials?

I think that most Essentials customers report GST on a cash basis.  One of the checks I perform before submitting a BAS is to check the balances of the GST Collected and GST Paid accounts against the amounts to be reported in the BAS.  With non-cash reporting, the two should match so that's easy.  With cash reporting the difference should be the GST on outstanding payables and receivables at the end of the quarter.  Hence I would really appreciate this report being available in MYOB Essentials so that I can complete this check.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

The Payables with tax and Receivables with tax reports are available in MYOB Essentials.

26 Comments
Thelocaltrade
1 Post
Cover User
Hi there,

I used to regularly use the payables with tax report and receivables with tax report, however I have just moved to essentials and am very disappointed to find out they are no longer Available!

Please please bring them to essentials, they make reconciling my GST so much easier.

Thanks!
Ashleys
7 Posts
Cover User

We really do need to be able to get this report as I would imagine most small business clients using MYOB have accurals based financials and cash based GST. This report is essential to be able to reconcile the GST accounts in the financials and pick up if there is any GST unclaimed from previous quarters. 

I note that both MYOB Account Right and Xero have the ability to get this report. Come on MYOB, surely it can't be too hard to create this report for Essentials!!!

Ashleys
7 Posts
Cover User

We badly need this report. Most small business clients using MYOB would have financials prepared on an accruals basis and GST prepared on a cash basis. For those clients this report is essential (isn't the name of this product MYOB ESSENTIALS?) to be able to properly reconcile GST accounts in the financials and pick up if there is any unclaimed GST from previous quarters.

I note that a 'with tax report' is available for the Sales Reconciliation and Bills Reconciliation reports in MYOB Account Right and Xero. Come on MYOB, surely this report would be easy to create for MYOB Essentials!!!

AngieCats
2 Posts
Cover User

I would also like this too! Especially when reconciling the accounting profit to the taxable profit

Ashleys
7 Posts
Cover User

We badly need this report. Most small business clients using MYOB would have financials prepared on an accruals basis and GST prepared on a cash basis. For those clients this report is essential (isn't the name of this product MYOB ESSENTIALS?) to be able to properly reconcile GST accounts in the financials and pick up if there is any unclaimed GST from previous quarters.

I note that a 'with tax report' is available for the Sales Reconciliation and Bills Reconciliation reports in MYOB Account Right and Xero. Come on MYOB, surely this report would be easy to create for MYOB Essentials!!!

Ashleys
7 Posts
Cover User

Ashleys
7 Posts
Cover User

Ashleys
7 Posts
Cover User

Sachin
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We need the GST reconciliation reports to better the essentials reporting. for eg there is no debtors or creditors GST reports

Pete747
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

As with the GST in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable in Account Right, this type of report is needed. This is because where a business does not charge GST for all sales, and has Non GST Purchases, it is difficult if not impossible to calculate the amount of GST which should remain on the Balance Sheet at any time.

These reports show a total of GST Included in each Invoice Outstanding at a partivcular date selected, which enables a proper reconciliation of GST to BAS.

Can MYOB Please make this report a PRIORITY . it is needed MORE than some of the frills i see being applied to the software now. Please get serious,

Thanks

Peter.