Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Trial balance - Current year to date amounts to not include previous balances

6Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

Is it possible to run a report that only has the account movements for the year/set period included? Generally we code the trial balance into APS/XPA program - but I've noticed that the trial balance 'current year to date' amount includes the previous year's closing balance in the owners drawings, owners contribution (3 - Equity accounts) and in the fixed asset accounts (1-Fixed assets). This throws out those balances and (if we are not careful) can be double coded the following year.

Otherwise, is it possible to be able to download the trial balance in excel format so we can then manually fix up these issues before we print and code these reports into our client's financial reports?

Thanks,

Sasha

"Trial Balance - Account movements"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thanks for the idea Sasha_2671. Being able to run the trial balance report for a specific financial year should be a option. We would love to hear what others think about this so we can understand the need for this functionality.

10 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea Sasha_2671. Being able to run the trial balance report for a specific financial year should be a option. We would love to hear what others think about this so we can understand the need for this functionality.
Nicquel_Walker
Super Partner
664 Posts
Super Partner

In order to enter the MYOB data for the financial year we need to be able to pick up the movement in the MYOB file for a selected period typically 12 months but not always. So the ability to enter a start & end date is crucial as well as the ability to export this information to Excel. This need would become redundant however if a general ledger summary report by date range existed.

FergusR
1 Post
User

Seems pretty obvious that "Current year to date" column should show current year to date figures for all accounts. I suggest this issue needs addressing as a high priority, unless there is already a solution?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion Fergus. 

The Trial Balance report is a standard report that to prove all the credit values equal to the debit values. The 'Current Year to Date' column displays the balance of the account at the end of the selected period, the same information is also displayed in the YTD Debit/YTD Credit columns in AccountRight Trial Balance reports. I agree the column header isn't very clear, I have passed the feedback to our developers for consideration. 

For asset, liabilities and equity accounts, you can use the 'Current Year to Date' figure minus the 'Last Year' figure to get the net activities in current financial year only. Alternatively, you can run the General Ledger detail report for the desired period, and check the total debit and credit.

martynf
6 Posts
Former Staff

This is a very important function.

Should not be a request, should have been part of the original design, especially as other reports can be printed in Excel.

This is an important feature for accounting firms, to do their working papers at the end of the financial year for their clients, to do the final statutory reports.

Please look at this as a high priority!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @martynf

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and Trial Balance reports. 

I have combined your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Topcat
2 Posts
Former Staff
I've had a Partner wanting to export data from the Trial Balance Report into Excel. Can this be done, and if not, can we see if we can implement this?
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Topcat

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

I 've merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Topcat
2 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks.. I think it will be really handy
debg
5 Posts
User

Please tell me this is not under consideration since November 2012!

A report showing opening balances,periodic movement and closing balances (customisable start and end date) for all accounts is definitely needed -refer previous desktop MYOB software General Ledger Summary Report.