Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Windows phone app

Cover User

6Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Cover User

Would be great if MYOB can make a Windows phone 8.1 app...or even better a Widnows 10 app (since it will be universal across all W10 devices).

Joe

"'Windows phone app"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi @RememberMS 

Thanks for the clarification

I would encourage other members of the MYOB Community that would like to see the MYOB OnTheGo work on Windows mobile device to vote and comment if required. 

14 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RememberMS

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and Mobile Integrations

Currently MYOB Essentials can be run on a Mobile Device via an Internet Browser. We would recommend Google Chrome. We do have MYOB OnTheGo which is designed to work on Android and iOS devices only at this stage. MYOB OnTheGo is a cut down version of MYOB Essentials only allowing you to manage contacts and record invoices.

Where you thinking about MYOB OnTheGo running on a Windows Phone or would running MYOB Essentials directly through the Internet Browser on the device be sufficient?

RememberMS
6 Posts
Cover User

I was thinking about MYOB OnTheGo for Windows. I was in a situation recently where I was talking to a client about their invoice and had to quickly open MYOB for reference over the browser on my Widnows phone. It did the job but it's just a bit clumsy, every page I open on the browser I have to zoom in to be able to click on the tabs and so on. An app designed for small screens is always better then using the browser.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly too.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RememberMS 

Thanks for the clarification

I would encourage other members of the MYOB Community that would like to see the MYOB OnTheGo work on Windows mobile device to vote and comment if required. 

Lunar
2 Posts
User

I Agree a Windows Phone App would be excellent.

Since the app was released i havnt been able to even access the Website in my phone browser (internet Explorer)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Lunar 

Thank you for voting and feedback for this idea.

Currently we would recommend Google Chrome to access MYOB Essentials via a mobile device. 

CPKN
2 Posts
Cover User

As an IT Support Service, we like to see all platforms in the mobile market have a fair go. As much as Apple & Google devices are the most popular in Australia, Windows Phone has been improving aswell as establishing its own unique attributes to rival Apple & Google, therefore as slow as it may seem, Windows Phone has gained popularity, plus Windows 10 is coming to Windows Phone and this time, they will truly create the "1 app for all" build. Windows Phone obviously uses Microsoft products and integrates well with Windows the best, and like it or not, Windows is considered the best platform for business and therefore, supporting a device that works best with the devices at your base will benefit you greatly. Mixing devices is a hassle and so it makes me wonder why MYOB has no support of Apps and add-on devices like the EFTPOS already.

We certainly vote MYOB Support for Windows Phone.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CPKN 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to Windows Phones.

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea by voting. You can vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange using the + vote button to the left of the idea's name.

IpswichTech
1 Post
User

I'd really like to see this implemented.  Especially since its now easier than ever for the MYOB developers to port the android or iphone app to WP.  

I encourage the developers to go through the Microsoft Build 2015 Conference videos to learn more about how easy it is to port android/iphone apps to this platform.  

Lets bring the leading business accounting software to the best business phone on the market!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @IpswichTech

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team in regards to this particular idea.

Kentrepid
1 Post
User

It's great that you support both iOS and Android devices, but with the release of Windows 10 and upcoming release of Windows 10 for mobile phones, I would hope you are planning to share the love with a universal app that works on all Windows devices in the near future.

A Universal Windows app is coded once and can be run across the entire Windows 10 ecosystem including Phones, PCs and Tablets, and is also compatible with Xbox and HoloLens.

Targeting Windows 10 covers a greater market share than iOS, OSX, Android and Chromebooks combined, since it includes all PCs, Tablets and Phones including Microsoft Surface, Microsoft Surface Hub, Microsoft Lumia, and desktop PCs, laptops and tablets from Lenovo, Acer, Dell, HP, etc. and also Xbox One.

Your existing iOS, Android, Classic Windows or Web app can even be migrated easily to the Windows Universal platform using Windows Bridges.

Could you please confirm whether you have any plans to support your customers (including myself) that use Windows PCs, tablets and phones? If you are unable to do so, I will seek out an alternative business that is willing to support ALL of their customers.