Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

1Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi there,

I recently experienced an issue where my payroll was entered correctly, but the payroll officer made erroneous take home bank transfers to the staff.  As soon as she realised her mistake, she made a second transaction to those staff members that were underpaid to ensure that they received the correct take home amount. So, everything is correct - it's just that some staff were paid for one pay week in two transactions.

Unfortunately, the MYOB live Accounts does not allow you to allocate multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.  I thought there must be a way, so I went onto online support to see if they could help.  As it turns out there is no way and the recommendation was to redo 2 payrolls to precisely match the two net amounts remitted.  I believe that this is a very poor solution.  The integrity of the payroll records should be maintained.  The payroll record is absolutely correct.  It records the hours worked, gross, tax, super and take home pay.  It's just that the take home pay was paid in 2 transactions.  I should not have to fabricate 2 payroll runs to match the two bank transfers.  I strongly believe that the accounting software should allow the allocation of multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.

The software already allows for employees to receive pay "split" into seperate amounts within the Employee Pay setup section - but this is not the same scenario.

Additionally, some staff were overpaid.  In order to adjust for this, the payroll officer paid a lesser amount (by the amount of the overpayment from the previous week) in the following weeks pay to those overpaid staff members.  In this event, we have 2 payroll runs and two payments.  The individual transactions for the two weeks do not match, but they do reconcile precisely to the right payment having been remitted.

I think basically what needs to be able to happen is that any payment should be able to be allocated to any outstanding payroll transactions (or part there of).

Would be interested to hear developer thoughts on this.

"Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.

81 Comments
Bragg
7 Posts
User

We have come across this problem a number of times where the transaction to be matched was paid in separate instalments.

Example:

Payroll for single:  $400

Paid in 2 bank transactions on same day:  $40 & $360

When we try to match - the $40 & $360 don't show as they are under the actual amount of $400.

This isn't the first time, or the only example. But it is certainly a pain to delete the payrun, and then reenter to match both the individual amounts paid (this was the only solution suggested by liveaccounts).

ProfitZone
1 Post
User

I recently processed a payroll for a client for 6 of their staff. Total payroll to be paid was $4141.42

The client paid $4141.41. When I told them they short paid the 1c, the paid it a few days later.

Issue:

Banklink:

$4141.41 and 1c ... a few days apart

Payroll processed:

6 items totalling $4141.42

I cannot match the 4141.41 to the 6 items as it is 1c out.

Would be great is we could bulk match the two banklink items to the multiple payroll transactions.
.. as opposed to having to reverse the payroll and do a dodgy pay run to accommodate.

paulcm
1 Post
User

Exact same issue - surely there can be a patch for this!

jwtlord
2 Posts
User

I have the same issue, albiet a different scenario. Whilst I understand the logic behind locking payroll down, restricting it to this extent results in even further confusion by relying on "workarounds" to adjust. Please consider allowing matching multiple bank transactions to one payroll record.

autobook
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also have had the exact same issue and was told by Live Chat that the only solution was to delete the original paycheque and then tick the 'Split Pay' option in the employee card and enter the adjustment amount as the split amount.  Then redo the paycheque for the week.  After doing this I had to go back to the employee card and remove the tick.

I agree with everyone that this is a painful workaround.  I hope that MYOB will correct this process in a future build.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.
NLJPartners
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I can't believe this is still an issue. Surely it is an easy fix. It's clearly a common problem and not only happens with payroll.

rmahnovetsky
1 Post
User

I have exactly the same issue. Has this been fixed yet? 

Is this still the only painful workaround? http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @NLJPartners and @rmahnovetsky.

I understand that the current workaround of having to delete and redo the pay runs to be able to match multiple bank feed transactions against one pay run is not ideal.

I have passed on your feedback to our product development team to consider changes in a future update. 

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

MartialEnergy
4 Posts
User

Having the same issue.

Via payroll we have our normal weekly pay and last week we had worked extra on the weekend for a special event and we were each paid a 'Bonus'. This was all allocated through MYOB Essentials however my boss requested that we split the payment when transfering the funds into the employees bank accounts to show the normal weekly pay & the separate amount for the bonus.

Not too sure how to proceed from here?