Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
BLComputers
5 Posts
User

+1000 interwebs for this recommendation

Its annoying to have to enter invoices from people like Google (set amount) and MYOB themselves every month when i know that the invoice will always be that amount. 

I support this suggestion 100%

LyndaB
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I had recurring transactions in AccountRight Basics - however, since changing over to Essentials a lot of functions are not available.  

Obviously the developing team don't work in an actual work situation as they will realise this function is imperative to bookkeepers.

It would be appreciated if this function can be added.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BLComputers

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LyndaB

Thank you for your feedback.

The development team do understand the benefit that recurring transactions will bring to MYOB Essentials and to clients. At stage we are unable to advise when this particular idea will be added to the program. However we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

johnob
2 Posts
Cover User

So this has been here for 2 years and still no action.

Smiley Frustrated

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @johnob

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

This idea has been a popular idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange and something that the team are still looking into for future updates. At this stage we are unable to advise on when this idea will be placed into development. However we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

ScottMackenroth
1 Post
User

I dont want to harp on about this feature but I have been waiting two years for you to implement what i would think is one of the most important features an acounting package should have. This would save me and hundreds of other bussinesses a huge amount of hours each month and yet your response is we have no time frame.  How hard can it be?  Create invoice... select recur each month on this date.  You already have copy invoice...  now just make it copy, save and send every month!!!!  

I like MYOB essentials.  I don't want to leave. But I am afraid you are forcing me to do so.  Thanks for the good times. 

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @ScottMackenroth,

Firstly, please allow me to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We hope you find it a valuable tool.

In regards to the feature, we are very sorry for the delay in having this feature implemented. We are well aware that the ability to set up recurring transactions is a feature that a lot of our clients have been wanting to see, and we most certainly agree that this would be one that would be of a huge benefit.

Our product development team are working hard towards ensuring that our clients receive the best possible experience using our product. We will pass along this feedback, however, as mentioned in the post above, there is no time frame regarding when this will be going into development.

Once again, we do apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

vincenz2015
2 Posts
User

I was using a basic invoice product called ZOHO.  My accountant pursuaded me to come over to MYOB essentials.

The first thing I needed to setup, was recurring invoices.

Guess what? Doesnt exist.

So, I came here onto the forums and shocked to see that it was requested 3 years ago!

That's ridiculous.

Recurring invoices are ESSENTIAL.

So, how long will it take for you guys to build that feature? I see you guys keep blaming the developers, but really, its up to the management team to tell the developers what to do.  Right?

Seems a bit hopeless really.

MurrayL
3 Posts
User

Recurring journals are hugely important. For example the monthly salary/wage journal that debits the various expenses and sets up the liability accounts that banking transactions then debit against. Monthly depreciation provisions or holiday pay allowances