MYOB Essentials

recurring transactions in liveaccounts

Experienced Partner Progressive
24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

135 Comments
Newbie1
2 Posts
User

Where has the recurring function for transactions gone in the new Essentials? A must add in the next updrade please.

Contributing Cover User Deemac
19 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Agreed.  An absolute must have.  Move it away from "Under Consideration" TO "Being Developed".

I have repeatedly asked for this along with a number of other users.

And I too and considering moving to Xero as they already offer the functionality I require.

What's more, it's been functionality in the desktop MYOB suite for years now.

So what's the problem?

geekstuff
2 Posts
User

@Hugo_Jenkins 

"Good news - we're currently looking at how recurring invoices could work in LiveAccounts. The development is still a little ways off, but my job is to figure out how this feature will work before the developers get to building it. "

For me the recurring options should work like my internet banking payment setup...

Start Date

Repeat Every (week,fortnight,month,year)

Repeat Until (end date)

Initial invoice creation should be just like creating a one-off invoice.

The options to send automatically ... or await review before sending should be available.

Those are the only features required for the first cut of repeating invoices.

You can add the fancy stuff down the track (substitution fields etc etc.)

djerrard
4 Posts
User

Making the dollars-driven-downgrade from AccountRight Plus to Essentials after 16 years as a MYOB user ... the absence of recurring transactions / purchases / sales (and the whole "upcoming reminders" concept) is just about a show-stopper for me!

Maintaining accounts is a necessary evil for me, not my core business.  I need every piece of assistance I can possibly find to make sure I don't miss anything.

Please consider the majority of small business owners who must be in a similar situation and escalate this request accordingly.

KeyBusiness
2 Posts
Cover User

Absolutely. Recurring transactions is a must as without scheduled monthly invoicing it's not usable for some clients. Please prioritise it. 

Click_Creators
1 Post
User

yes please can we add recurring asap. I sell monthly hosting accounts www.clickcreators.com and need subscriptions or memberships.

Thanks

Partner GailW
5 Posts
Partner

This would be a very beneficial addition to the product - the sooner the better

Digital_Icon
5 Posts
User

What is happening with this Myob?? I was told this package did everything Accountedge did when signing up!!! This is far from the case. So many good features missing!! Becoming more of a pain than the old software

Former Staff JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Digital_Icon 

I'm sorry if you were given misleading advice. Essentials was not designed to replicate the features of AccountRight and AccountEdge but rather to provide an easy to use online accounting solution to businesses with modest needs. That said, this feature has been planned for inclusion in the product and I will forward your feedback to our product development team.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

tanlovespics
1 Post
User

Please, please implement this asap!