Experienced Cover User
Australia
SteveP
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

MYOB Invoices - Incorrect Item Prices on Orders

I have set specific item price levels for customers in MYOB Accountright live.  When I use MYOB Invoices to create an order for an item it does not use the correct/matching Item Price for that customer.  It seems to always use the Base Selling Price.

This looks like a bug in MYOB invoicing, because if I do the exact same order for the client on the desktop ie. directly with accountright live it chooses the correct item price level for that item and customer.

Any advice anyone.

Cheers

Steve

5 REPLIES
JessMcA
2 Posts
User
New Zealand
JessMcA

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Invoices - Incorrect Item Prices on Orders

I came here looking for answers to something else but managed to stumble across this other thread that perhaps answers your question but doesn't neccessarily help you. 

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-PayDirect-and-MYOB-Invoices/MYOB-on-the-Go-Item-Price-Level/m-p/47...

Experienced Cover User SteveP
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SteveP
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Jess.  You're right it just confirms I'm not the only person who has the issue.  It should be fixed.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,592 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21592Posts

2420Kudos

3043Solutions

Hi @SteveP & @JessMcA

As has been indicated in one of my previous posts MYOB Invoices will use the Base Selling Price of an item for a customer, regardless of their price level. This is due to the fact that the system will not pull the customer's items price level and the item's pricing matrix.

To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to update the MYOB Invoices to pull that information, however, it may be something that we do look into for the future.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User SteveP
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SteveP
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steve,

this one seems like it should be added promptly.  If I have a sales person visit a client and take an order using MYOB Invoices they'll give the customer the wrong price which happend in my case.   That costs money or annoys the customer and makes the app a bit "dangerous" to use. 

In short, you can't provide an accurate quote/order if the item price matrix isn't used unless the  sales person has the matrix in their heads or on paper for each client they visit.  That's not a great solution because people make mistakes.

The item price matrix is one of the best features of MYOB and to have it available in the POS app is a significant differentiator because Shopify Mobile POS don't have it nor does Square because these guys don't have it in the back-end (they don't have a back end).  Xero don't have it.  It considerably improves the value of the app and strengthens the value proposition for MYOB.

I hope the MYOB team will realise what small business users are looking for in the field.  Visit some markets and talk to stall holders, etc.  The amount of follow up paperwork/data entry we do, etc that has to happen is frustrating.  I personally record sales on a sheet, then reconcile that at the end of the day with cash and electronic payments in a spreadsheet and then enter the sales into MYOB.  If I could QUICKLY enter the sale into an app that integrates with my backend, I wouldn't have to do any of that work.   Almost every stall holder does something similar!

Secondly, I visit retailers and take orders to be delivered a few days later.  Same process but different price level/split for a wholesale transaction.  eg. Quantities of 12 or more are cheaper than the base selling price.

As an IT&T R&D guy I can't see how/why it should be so hard to include it - the logic and code has already been developed in MYOB.  Make it a setting, so that by default it is not downloaded or make it a customer specific setting.  

I strongly feel MYOB are falling well behind which is dissapointing because it is such a strong brand and it is Australian.

Anyway.  Thanks for listening Steve.  Sorry to rant.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,592 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21592Posts

2420Kudos

3043Solutions

Hi @SteveP

Thank you for your feedback, I have shared it with the team.

As mentioned, I'm not aware of any immediate plans to update the MYOB Invoices app to pull that information. In saying that it may be something that we do look into for the future of that app.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post