Mercury retrograde. Will we be waiting until 2018 to get paid?

Contributing Cover User WorkAccord
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
WorkAccord
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Mercury retrograde. Will we be waiting until 2018 to get paid?

On 3 December in the US our client paid our account. We received the usual confirmation from PayDirect. We also received confirmation directly from our client. On 13 December in Austraslia we were still waiting for payment to reach our bank account. OK, we thought - on past experience it's not the fastest payment system we've come across... maybe tomorrow.  Then, on 14 December in Australia we received an email from MYOB saying there's been a problem, click on these links. OK, we thought - we're a wake-up to scams ... better check with MYOB to see if this is legit. On 15 December we phoned. MYOB thought we wanted to buy something ...got put straight through.  Sorted that, No we didn't want to buy anything...wanted to find out about this email ...got put through to Pay Direct. Now we're told that there was a "glitch" in MYOB's PayDirect system and it had been issuing thank you letters to customers telling them that they'd paid. We're told that it would be OK if we just told the client about the glitch and let them know that they, in fact, hadn't paid ... except that they had ... and they confirmed remittance to us independently of MYOB Pay Direct.  Oh!...So we were put through to somewhere ....and then began the long wait ......... ....  ... Sadly, the phone fell off the desk and disconnected itself ... promise I didn't throw it!   And we have to start over again.... Not the first time we've had problems with this system ... not happy. Mercury doesn't go fully direct for a couple more weeks yet.... HELP!

10 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,610 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21610Posts

2420Kudos

3045Solutions

Re: Mercury retrograde. Will we be waiting until 2018 to get paid?

Hi @WorkAccord

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

We've contacted a small number of clients via email regarding recent payments made using PayDirect. If you do have any questions with the email we would encourage you to our PayDirect Support team on 1300 555 931 Option PayDirect, ensure you have your serial number handy this can be found in MYOB Essentials by selecting the Business Name (top right).

In this case, we would be happy to arrange for one of the appropriate team to get in contact with yourself. In order to do so, we would need to get the best contact number for you. You are welcome to private message me this number. To send a private message select the appropriate username i.e. @Steven_M and select 'Send a Message' (right-hand side).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
WorkAccord
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I received an email at 3.35 am this morning asking if the response we received helped resolve our query. It hasn't. I phoned the help line over the weekend. It was closed. Don't understand why you can contact me at 3.35 am to ask if my query has been resolved but I cant contact you to get it resolved.

I've left my contact number via direct message to Steven_M, as I was invited to do,  and am hoping to hear today.  I'll let you know then whether the rsponse has been helpful.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,610 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21610Posts

2420Kudos

3045Solutions

Hi @WorkAccord

The email you would have received would have been a system generated email from the MYOB Community Forum asking you if you issue had been resolved. This is used an encouragement for clients that may have had their enquiry resolved to come in and mark it as a solution for others in the MYOB Community.

In this case, I understand that your enquiry is still outstanding, and as mentioned in my private message to yourself this morning, I have arranged for one of the team to get in touch with yourself to discuss your PayDirect enquiry.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
WorkAccord
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is not going well.

At 11:02am I missed a call from MYOB.  At 11:09am I returned the call and rceived a recorded message that MYOB had evacuated the building. I am now to call back... on and off during the day to find out if MYOB has resolved the circumstance that necessitated the evacuation... and then in the hope that I might get put in a call waiting queue.

Whilst I have every sympathy for MYOB and hope that all staff are safe, I do begin to wonder whether this service is worth it...

I have now had two experiences with MYOB PayDirect. This is the second one that has been unsatisfactory.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,610 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21610Posts

2420Kudos

3045Solutions

Hi @WorkAccord

Sorry to hear that you have encountered that particular message. The phone support team are available and are receiving calls as per normal. In this particular case, I would recommend contacting the PayDirect team directly on 1300 555 931 Option PayDirect.

In terms of the callback request, I've spoken with the team and they will be in touch to discuss your account in more detail.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
WorkAccord
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Five hours later I continue to receive the same evacuaton message and had not received a call from your team. I phoned the 1300 number and was told that the payment transaction had failed due to a certain security protocol. I was sent an email to forward to my client. Despite the fact that MYOB PayDirect says that no funds were received, the invoice in question is still being shown as having been paid.

My level of confidence in the MYOB PayDirect system is therefore low and I am annoyed at the inconvenience that it has caused to me and to my client.

If the "fix" to this problem is to tell my client that they havent't paid me, to delete the payment transaction still showing in my closed invoices, to re-issue the invoice and to start over again, then that does not seem to me to be a course that I would recommend until at least the client confirms, from its end, that the transaction is showing as having failed.

At this rate, it does look like I will be waiting until 2018 for payment given that it took MYOB 10 days to bring the issue to light.

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
WorkAccord
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Now to add insult to injury, I've just been awarded the "Happy Reading" Badge! Can you believe it? What is this? Kindergarten?

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,441 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6441Posts

414Kudos

1036Solutions

Hi @WorkAccord,

Sorry about the inconvenience this problem has caused. 

I can see that when you spoke to our phone support team, they have sent you an email with more information about the particular invoice which the payment was unsuccessful. I'm afraid that the solution is as our phone team suggested, please advice your client to check their statement, and retake the payment.

In order to assist with the process, we can arrange a notification to be sent to your customer, advising the payment was unsuccessful. Please do let us know if you'd like such notification to be sent, we are happy to arrange it for you. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
WorkAccord
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I would prefer that you did NOTcommunicate directly with my client, in this instance ... at least not until my client asks me to request that you do so.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post