Unable to log into OnTheGo app

MYOB Staff Post SocialTeam
213 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia

Unable to log into OnTheGo app

Why can I not log in to the On-the-Go app on my Android? It tells me that the username / password is incorrect, yet I'm sitting here logged in *with the same username and password* on my PC with no problem. And no, I'd prefer not to ring you, been down *that* road before, thanks... Has anyone from MYOB checked the ratings on Google Play? Not pretty.

Posted on behalf of Gordon (Facebook)

Kind Regards,

MYOB Social Team
3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,046 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Unable to log into OnTheGo app

Hi Gordon

Great to see that the Social team have posted your enquiry.

When you log into the app, you will be prompted for a username and password, which are file specific not the email address and password that you use to access the online AccountRight file.

One option is to create a dedicated user inside your online AccountRight file, which can be done through Setup >> User Access. When you create this user please untick the option of “This user will sign in with a my.MYOB account (recommended)”. Once this is unticked you will see that you have fields for both the Username and Password for this user. These fields do correspond to the username and password fields on the OnTheGo app.

Alternatively if you didn’t want to create a new user within your file, you would have to locate the username that you want to use with the app and untick the option for signing in with a my.MYOB account. This will mean that particular email address will no longer automatically sign in and as a result you will need to enter in the same username and password information. Please note that if you do re-enable the single sign on and link the username to the email address it will not be able to be used to sign into the app.

Please do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
GordonG47
3 Posts
Cover User

That worked, I set up a new user and then got in from the tablet okay. Only to find that there's virtually nothing you can do with the app apart from checking account holders and issuing invoices.

Are there plans to bring the app out of the Dark Ages any time soon?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,046 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Gordon ( @GordonG47 )

I’m glad to hear that worked for you and your now able to log into your app.

In terms of what the app was designed to do it was intended to allow users who were away from their computers the ability to invoice their customers at the point of performing the service. That being said our team are reviewing the core functionality of the app and may implement additional functionality in future updates

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post